• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I know there's a sign behind Rolly Polly, but I haven't seen one at the access point beside Cafe Spiazza (ever).
You may be right. Next time I'm over that way, I'll check. There signs on the beaches are pretty clear that none of the beach accesses are public, and that is what I am basing my answer on.

sunny456

Beach Lover
Aug 25, 2005
The Town Council removed a few signs so they could be reworded. They'll be going back up. I'm not sure about the one you're referencing though. I'll check.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I checked today, and the signs noting private access, which were posted at the entrance to the beach beside the Rolly Polly and under the obelisk, are still not back up.

I also noticed that Seaside finally torn down the kitchen of Cafe Spiazza, which reportedly was built on the adjacent lot.

IMG_6460sm.jpg

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I checked today, and the signs noting private access, which were posted at the entrance to the beach beside the Rolly Polly and under the obelisk, are still not back up.

I also noticed that Seaside finally torn down the kitchen of Cafe Spiazza, which reportedly was built on the adjacent lot.

IMG_6460sm.jpg

:eek:...uh oh....the condos are coming the condos are coming.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Seaside - NOT Welcome:Redux

Mr. Angel and I were on our way back to Seagrove from a nice walk up to Watercolor on 30A at a bout 3:30 this afternoon, and encountered a meeting at E. Ruskin of some official-looking folks along with (maybe) some residents or Seaside admin people. They seemed to be checking to see how to re-erect the "Private" street signposts that the county had Seaside remove last month, moving them closer to 30A than they had been, but still in the center of the street. Thank goodness we were walking on the county bike path/sidewalk - we might have been arrested!! Although I guess we did actually walk on E. Ruskin in order to get across. So - here we go again!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Re: Seaside - NOT Welcome:Redux

I saw the same group, and wondered what was up. :scratch:

Did you actually hear them discussing the signs?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Judging by the placement of that sign in the photo, I guess they don't understand that it is in the County Right of Way. Best of luck to them. lol.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati

I saw the same group, and wondered what was up. :scratch:

Did you actually hear them discussing the signs?

didn't overhear their conversation, but they seemed to be discussing possible placement, moving the post to several positions. there were what looked like policemen (with badges) and possibly firemen (?? not sure of badges) plus seaside residents.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005

I am :dunno::roll:again...

just read the most recent issue of the Seaside Times. All the letters to the editor came from people who are against the private beach signs/attitude; and there is an Op Ed piece by Robert Davis indicating his displeasure.

So, who in Seaside has decided to make it a closed community with a private beach?

Anybody know?