• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kimbug

Beach Lover
Apr 8, 2005
Northeast Ohio
I'll be glad for any change in venue to tell the truth. Although the pool @ Adagio (where we've stayed last 3 years) is very fun for the kids (and husbands who pretty much act like the kids :blink:) we also like the beach. But I find it hard to concentrate on a book let alone hear the sounds of the beach with the crowds of people surrounding me in that area. I know, maybe I should come for a visit in the Fall.

Wherever we decide, we'll have a good time. We always do; that's why we keep coming back :clap:!

luvthebeach57

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Columbia, MD
Kimbug,

Looks like you have the same thoughts about Sanctuary at Redfish that we have. Since it's new, I think it will be very quiet. Plus, they do have nice amenities, especially the pools. Like you, I'm concerned about how to get to the beach. I guess if we take the boat shuttle, we should be okay if we stay in the area where they drop us off since there aren't any homes right there.

I went online to check out the county property records. I could only find 42 units that have actually been purchased. Of those, there are 21 that are currently up for sale. Looks like there may have been a good deal of investors who bought these units in hopes of flipping them. I searched high and low on the Internet. I also called up every rental management company. I was only able to locate 7 units that are currently available to rent. We are looking at an end-unit on the 3rd floor for the first week of August. When are you guys planning your vacation?

Lisa

Last edited:

luvthebeach57

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Columbia, MD
Stayed there in june 2007. great place you will have a great time.
the positives: new, uncrowded, good health club, great pools, good service lunch brought to you at the beach if you like.
not so positives: not on the beach, beach access is by boat as you noted, and there was some lady there everyday trying to sell her unit to anyone that would listen.

q1,

You posted a beautiful photo of the beach. Exactly where was the photo taken?

Did the boat shuttle drop you off near the inlet to Redfish Lake? Did you have to wait long to get picked up to be brought back? A concern during August is that we may want to get off the beach right away if a storm comes up suddenly.

Lisa

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There is only one place the boat can drop you off, due to the Lake being mostly surrounded by private property. That place is the outflow/inlet. The chairs I've seen from Sanctuary at Redfish are typically set up near the Gulf, very close to the outflow -- easy walk from the Lake. The boat driver seems to always be Johnny on the spot, and I've never seen anyone waiting at the outflow. I'm guessing the guy doesn't have much to do, other than drive the boat and some misc. things. Today, there were just four seagulls nesting on the beach, with two other long legged birds which I have not seen before. There were also a four kids running around the beach and through the sand dunes. Looked like they headed into Bannerman.

q1

Beach Crab
Jul 8, 2007
Lisa

Picture was taken directly in front of the boat drop point. There is only one drop point at the outflow.

In terms of waiting, never had to wait long, 5 minutes max. Boat driver was more than attentive.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm curious on the boat issue, I understand getting to the beach, but if you don't have a cell phone how do you get back from the beach? Signal Flares?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
...... to my knowledge, the County cannot station a lifeguard on property being claimed as private, at least until the courts decide. In Sept 07, the Gulf Front property owners, to the east of 83 public access, recorded deeds stating that they owned the beach. I guess the interior lot owners haven't realized it yet, because they have not filed suit against them yet, claiming their own rights to it, due to abandonment for more than 20 years. If they did so and won, the general public would also stand an excellent chance of winning any trespass charges on that beach as well, because the evidence would show that the public has been using that beach forever.
SJ, more of the "quick and loose" with the keyboard??

You said, "I guess the interior lot owners haven't realized it yet, because they have not filed suit against them yet, claiming their own rights to it, due to abandonment for more than 20 years."

The interior lot owners at Blue Mountain Beach Subdivision have full rights to the wet and dry sandy areas of the beach and therefore have no need to "file suit" as you suggest.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
BMBwest.GIF

I stand corrected.

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
From instrument # 1011222 filed in September, 2007: "....will not interfere with the normal use and enjoyment of said beach area by any owner of property in Blue Mountain Beach Subdivision No. 1."

BMBwest.GIF

EDIT: "You stand corrected" because you found the snapshot of the above instrument in my photo files and just had to post it before I could finish the above post. Just so everyone understands who is correcting who or whom or whomever or whatever.

Last edited: