• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It was a great show, hopefully the first of many! Kudos to all involved...

A recording?! Would make a fantastic broadcast for 30A radio...

I didn't realize there were so many sowallers there, I would've introduced myself! So strange, not knowing what anybody looks like, but feel like I "know" the folks on here... Maybe I need to get a sowal button or something :D

:wave:

070428-grayton-008.jpg

It's not too late to experience the Chautauqua. There are porch parties all around the Lake today from 1:30 - 4:30. I've listed them below. It's a beautiful day to walk around the Lake and be a part of this special weekend.

836 Circle Drive
Dave's Music

Teachers and students from the popular Dave's Music on Baldwin Avenue perform instrumentals and and vocal selections. Dave's Music is a music store that offers lessons for a variety of instruments.

772 Circle Drive
Painting Demonstration

Local artist Helen "Skippy" Hoffman offers a painting demonstration and invites the audience to join her bringing life to canvas.

702 Circle Drive
Handmade Musical Instruments

Billy Carroll demonstrates handmade guitars, mandolin, strumming sticks, and African thumb piano.

650 Circle Drive
Grit & Grace Road Show

Walton County's official folk-life production springs from the histories of Walton County pioneers renowned for their perseverance, courage, faith, grit and tenacity. Grit and Grace celebrates in song our great shared legacy.

620 Circle Drive
The Making of Pottery

Gayla Edwards demonstrates how to create a piece of pottery, from clay to finished form.

550 Circle Drive
Walton Middle School Girls Ensemble

Cecile Lindegrin directs a talented group of young ladies in lovely vocal presentations.

534 Circle Drive
Early American Toys

Local retired attorney, storyteller and actor Jim Moore brings to life cherished toys from bygone days. Learn the challenge of the famous gee-haw whimmy diddle, puzzles and other early American toys.

404 Circle Drive
Blues and Folk Music

Chuck Puckett and daughter Ruthie are members of the folk rock band Bimini Road, as well as experienced stage actors. They will play and sing folk and blues songs.

294 Circle Drive
Muscogee Indian Demonstration

Storyteller Margie Gatti, Director of the Cultural Program Committee of the Muscogee Nation of Florida, presents the Muscogee legend, "How the Stars Came to Be."

CHOB
Panama City Pipes and Drums

A spectacular and stirring performance by this outstanding pipe and drum corps ends the afternoon. The group will follow their porch performance at the Hall of Brotherhood with a parade around the lake and into the First Methodist Sanctuary for the Assembly's closing ceremony.