• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jntj4

Beach Crab
Mar 12, 2008
I know... but it was WAYYYY early, no makeup kinda thing. I know I would have to be rude at that time of day, even if I was famous.

She is very open about who she is and very very friendly. She isn't afraid to sign autographs for people. She is a great singer, I have loved her for years, I would want her autograph as well. If she didn't want to sign an autograph, she could have said, "no" or "not today". No one would be upset about that... I wouldn't be. I love Sheryl's music, I certainly wouldn't want her to do something she doesn't feel comfortable doing, or doesn't want to do.

When you can feel what Sheryl feels let us know, just because you would be rude without makeup wayyyy early in the morning doesn't mean she is that way, I'm sure she is used to early mornings and browsing. Perhaps we should leave it up to Sheryl to tell us how she feels, instead of your complaints on how she "might" feel.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
She is very open about who she is and very very friendly. She isn't afraid to sign autographs for people. She is a great singer, I have loved her for years, I would want her autograph as well. If she didn't want to sign an autograph, she could have said, "no" or "not today". No one would be upset about that... I wouldn't be. I love Sheryl's music, I certainly wouldn't want her to do something she doesn't feel comfortable doing, or doesn't want to do.

When you can feel what Sheryl feels let us know, just because you would be rude without makeup wayyyy early in the morning doesn't mean she is that way, I'm sure she is used to early mornings and browsing. Perhaps we should leave it up to Sheryl to tell us how she feels, instead of your complaints on how she "might" feel.

:dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
:dunno: I thought I read all of the posts on here. Did I totally miss something?

EDIT: I guess I missed the part about people asking for autographs. Wouldn't it be great if we just acknowledged that we liked her music, and wished her a good day?

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I dont think that I posted professing to know how she feels, only how I would feel in the same situation. But I can say that I am not one to get all "fan-girly" over a celebrity, I will acknowledge that I recognize them but will in no way invade what I consider to be their privacy by asking for autographs etc. At the place I work, we are asked to make sure that no one bothers our customers and have had to ask people to leave many of our celebrity guests alone so that they can dine/shop/sit around or whatever in peace. Ms. Crow was very gracious and signed an autograph for the person, and the times I have been around her she is friendly and accessible, but as I said before...I am not one to go all "fan-girl". I prefer to treat them with dignity and respect as human beings and let them live their lives and not intrude on what might be the only five minutes of that day that they get that space.

olive

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2005
I dont think that I posted professing to know how she feels, only how I would feel in the same situation. But I can say that I am not one to get all "fan-girly" over a celebrity, I will acknowledge that I recognize them but will in no way invade what I consider to be their privacy by asking for autographs etc. At the place I work, we are asked to make sure that no one bothers our customers and have had to ask people to leave many of our celebrity guests alone so that they can dine/shop/sit around or whatever in peace. Ms. Crow was very gracious and signed an autograph for the person, and the times I have been around her she is friendly and accessible, but as I said before...I am not one to go all "fan-girl". I prefer to treat them with dignity and respect as human beings and let them live their lives and not intrude on what might be the only five minutes of that day that they get that space.

I have to agree. I prefer to watch them in their natural habitat like on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.:D

sandybanks

Beach Fanatic
Mar 15, 2008
In a nice place
If someone sees her again, go up to her and give her this web site so maybe she can come on and get to know the locals.

Why not? Just say, Sheryl there is a local web site that all of your neighbors go on and we would love you to come to the site sometimes and just relax and chat. I bet she would say OK. Just have it written out neatly so she can read it.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
If someone sees her again, go up to her and give her this web site so maybe she can come on and get to know the locals.

Why not? Just say, Sheryl there is a local web site that all of your neighbors go on and we would love you to come to the site sometimes and just relax and chat. I bet she would say OK. Just have it written out neatly so she can read it.

I think Sheryl is already lurking here......but I don't have any facts...just a thought.:D

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I have to agree. I prefer to watch them in their natural habitat like on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.:D

:clap:this whole thread is really cracking me up. but olive - you said it way better than I could have. thanks.

I wouldn't have the nerve to say hello or ask for an autograph. I mean, why the hail would I want anyone's autograph? if I had the nerve at all I would say is hello and then slowly lay down on the ground to keep from busting my head open when I fainted.

I was also thinking that sheryl picked a bad time to come to SoWal and expect privacy. maybe she likes the hustle and bustle and all the spring break activity.

Last edited:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
:clap:this whole thread is really cracking me up. but olive - you said it way better than I could have. thanks.

I wouldn't have the nerve to say hello or ask for an autograph. I mean, why the hail would I want anyone's autograph? if I had the nerve at all I would say hello and then slowly lay down on the ground to keep from busting my head open when I fainted.

I was also thinking that sheryl picked a bad time to come to SoWal and expect privacy. maybe she likes the hustle and bustle and all the spring break activity.

I'm with toots on this one. I have never asked for an autograph, never would. Just don't get that:dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I asked for three autographs, within about one hour of time, but those are the only three. Sold them all to a SoWaller a couple of years ago, for what I think was a fair amount of money. My guess, from looking at what one of those three people achieved this and last year, I'd bet that the SoWaller could double his money if he wanted to sell it today. If he waits another 20 year, he might be able to buy a house at the beach with the proceeds -- who knows.

However, no more for me. I did get a girl in the Red Bar ask for my autograph on her chest, a couple of months ago. I have no idea why, since she was foreign and could barely speak english, but I offered and she accepted.