• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Funny you say that, because just today, I had it cranking, and the thought ran through my mind that most people just don't get it, and that is fine by me. Miles plays some very personal music, which speaks only to the lucky few.

Now granted, Black Beauty may be a little on the periphery...but Miles Davis is pretty universal, isn't he? Kind of Blue is loved by everyone.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
And there's a fine new book:

"It's About That Time: Miles Davis On and Off the Record"
by Richard Cook

He's one of the editors of the fine "Penguin Guide to Jazz on CD".

It's a breakdown of most of the major Miles albums with comments on his personal and professional life at the time of each and how they relate. Odd you should be listening to that period, that's the part I'm reading just now.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
I believe all of the above have some live shows which can be downloaded for free at tapers.org, but you have to have some skills. (compliments of John R and a few other tapers -- free to download and share, but not for selling)

tapers.org rules.

Also check www.archive.org. That's where I feed my Little Feat addiction.

FLAC R Us.

Last edited:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Vampire Weekend, constantly, for the past two days. Absolutely loving this CD.

Unique Sound, but didn't buy the whole album. My neighbors kids were listening to it in the driveway and I became intrigued.
I love "The kids Don't Stand a Chance". :clap: