• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
In high school my first girlfriend went to work for chickfila. I loved getting the hookup on a sandwich at the mall, which at the time, outside of the Dwarf House, was the only place you could find them. But then she met a co-worker who could break-dance, and dumped me.

I still can't break-dance.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Chick Filet is better in small doses. I was in a situation a while back where I had to eat there regularly. It got a little old. Not like McDonalds old (can't go back after the first visit), but old nonetheless.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I do like their buttered toasted buns. I definitely don't need two of their sandwiches. The problem is with the bleached flour they use on for making their buns. If they used whole wheat, there would be enough fiber to leave me filled. One thing I dislike is their waffle fries.

SJ, here you can ask for whole wheat buns. I think it might cost a little bit more, but that is what I alway's do.

I can take or leave CF, well, except for those little honey chicken biscuits they have in the morning....OMG! Heaven! Anyway, what I wanted to say is this...they ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS donate whatever we ask for when we're having a fundraiser at the NH. They donate food, drinks, cups, ice, you name it. Love them for that. :clap:

They have alway's been great to donate to our recreations center as well. They are a huge part or our community, and do whatever they can to help. I really like them. :clap:

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I do like their buttered toasted buns. I definitely don't need two of their sandwiches. The problem is with the bleached flour they use on for making their buns. If they used whole wheat, there would be enough fiber to leave me filled. One thing I dislike is their waffle fries.

Their whole wheat buns are yummy. (Full Disclosure: one of my friends was on the product development team) They use them regularly on the grilled sandwich but you have to ask for it on the fried sandwich.

While we are on the subject, let me tell you what an amazing company it is to work for. One of my friends went to work for them a few years ago. I regularly meet her there for lunch even though the headquarters are almost an hour a way. They have the most amazing cafeteria -- full of regular chic-fil-a food as well as MANY other choices (salads, entrees, desserts, milkshakes, whatever). And it's all FREE. That's right. Totally free for employees and GUESTS! :D One reason is to test food. We ate many versions of the wheat bun before they settled on the current one. Last time, they were testing different Chicken Salad Sandwiches. Another reason is that they encourage your family and friends to come see you at lunch - it contributes to work life balance! They also have almost free daycare, a free gym, the most amazing campus with walking trails. They own several beach vacation condos (not on sowal though!)that they give to employees -- you get a free week every few years. I swear if it was any closer to my house, I would work there. My friend will never leave.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Re: Chic-fil-a PCB

I forgot to mention that they leave healthy snacks out throughout the day -- mostly fruit, yogurt, etc. in case you need a little something to tie you over!

DD -- might be a long commute for you. . . but I'm sure they would hire you!

Last edited:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I forgot to mention that they leave healthy snacks out throughout the day -- mostly fruit, yogurt, etc. in case you need a little something to tie you over!

DD -- might be a long commute for you. . . but I'm sure they are!

I'm thinking of changing careers. You make it tempting!
Seriously, I love to hear stories about great companies.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
In high school my first girlfriend went to work for chickfila. I loved getting the hookup on a sandwich at the mall, which at the time, outside of the Dwarf House, was the only place you could find them. But then she met a co-worker who could break-dance, and dumped me.

I still can't break-dance.
:rotfl:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
~They have fruit as an option for ff's which little IBD does not eat:dunno:

~On thursdays, kids eat free with an adult paid meal

~ the playground is always clean at thit location

~the chicken salad sand is also good!!!

~to me, chick fil a is always a good choice!!