• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
I rode by the access today to look for myself. It appears his sign is further north than when he first posted it last year. Still, the intent is obviously to keep the public (at the Dune Allen access) from going any further east than his sign rather than to prevent people from disturbing his dune vegetation.

My point exactly.:clap:

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Last week two "Private Property" signs were erected on the beach bordering the TDC beach access most of us in Cassine use. These signs are on each side of the designated private area. They are located adjacent to the TDC beach access next to One Seagrove Place. First Sugar Cliffs managed to seize the much-used former public beach access and privatize it for their own use....most Cassine owners now use the access next to One Seagrove. Not surprisingly, now they're staking their claim to the beach. :bang:

In addition to the obvious frustration Cassine owners are experiencing, some of the other concerns are:

1. These six feet high signs are large, unsightly, and a blight to the scenic beach area.

2. The signs are located in the middle the beach which could interfere with turtle nesting and could pose a hazard to people walking the beach at night.

3. This beach location has customarily been used extensively by the public for many decades prior to the construction of dwellings at this site.

Cassine HOA is suggesting owners call at least one Commissioner.

This is so sad.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
I rode by the access today to look for myself. It appears his sign is further north than when he first posted it last year. Still, the intent is obviously to keep the public (at the Dune Allen access) from going any further east than his sign rather than to prevent people from disturbing his dune vegetation. .......................

Which Dune Allen access is this at? Is it the one adjacent (East) to Old Florida Cottages? Trying to get my bearings.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
No, the last access to the west on 30A. (Not counting Topsail). It is the one, with a parking lot, between Topsail and Ed Wallin Park.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Well, Rita should know where it is now, anyway. Sorry SJ, I didn't mean to cross post.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
no, that one doesn't have parking for cars, according to the sign posted, in front of the gravel (golf cart parking lot). The big paved one has restrooms and is a little farther west, just before 30A begins to turn north.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
no, that one doesn't have parking for cars, according to the sign posted, in front of the gravel (golf cart parking lot). The big paved one has restrooms and is a little farther west, just before 30A begins to turn north.

Ok. I just couldn't remember any with large parking lots.

If this keeps up the beach is going to look like a giant parking lot of Private Property signs. How very unfortunate . :angry: