• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Real geniuses too thinking that taking the removal of the camera would destroy the recording. :roll: They should be suspended and denied graduation at all. Let them go get a GED. I understand senior pranks, but once they start destroying school property then it's going beyond a prank. I'm sure no one would dare think to do anything next year after the strong reaction of the administration on this.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Sooo, Life's a Beach...if they were not students who were weeks away from graduation, would you suggest that there was no point in prosecuting them?

I still don't understand the whole mindset of "kids will be kids" when it comes to criminal behavior.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Sooo, Life's a Beach...if they were not students who were weeks away from graduation, would you suggest that there was no point in prosecuting them?

I still don't understand the whole mindset of "kids will be kids" when it comes to criminal behavior.

:dunno: I am not getting that vibe from Life's a Beach post. I think he/she isn't aware of the full charges and restitutions and is angry the students were just suspended. Maybe I am wrong.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
:dunno: I am not getting that vibe from Life's a Beach post. I think he/she isn't aware of the full charges and restitutions and is angry the students were just suspended. Maybe I am wrong.

:scratch: Maybe I read my own frustration into it. If so, I apologize. (I'm a little frustrated with the end-of-the-year slaps on the wrist of felonious behavior!) :wave:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
:scratch: Maybe I read my own frustration into it. If so, I apologize. (I'm a little frustrated with the end-of-the-year slaps on the wrist of felonious behavior!) :wave:

I hear ya. :wave:
They should have just TP'd the Principals office like kids did in my day. :blush:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
That seems fair - they only get to graduate because they met the requirements prior to their criminal career, they don't get to participate in graduation, and they don't get their diploma until they pay $ and complete their community service.

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
from WZEP radio

Vandals Release Air From Walton Bus Tires

Big yellow does not roll without air in the tires. Sometime Sunday night or early Monday morning, someone entered the secured Walton School District bus barn and removed the valve stems from a number of bus tires. Drivers came to work and found their busses were not usable and the call went out that all routs in the central Walton area around DeFuniak Springs would be several hours late.

Walton Transportation Coordinator Mack Work says the tires were not cut, the vandal or vandals simply removed the valve stems. Transportation crews went to work getting air back in the tires. National Tire Brokers and CHECLO both sent trucks with air compressors. The work was not as simple as putting a stem in and connecting an air hose. Many of the tires are tubeless and this means having to jack or lift the bus and forcing a large blast of air into the tire to seat it on the rim.

As the busses started rolling again, the elementary students were picked up first. When a rout was completed, the bus was brought back to the barn and another driver would take it over and run the middle school or high school rout.

The bus barn is located on Walton Road near Walton High School and has security fencing. DeFuniak Springs Police Chief Mike Adkinson says they are investigating the incident.

Recently a number of Walton High seniors broke into the school and caused about $10,000 worth of damage. These 11 students were arrested booked into the Walton County Jail and the criminal case is ongoing. Late last week the Walton School Board held a number of expulsion hearings, but the names and outcome can not be released due to the privacy rules. One unofficial report said the students were only suspended, not expelled and will be allowed to graduate. Again, this is not confirmed by official means.

If the students were expelled, they would not be in school and would not be allowed to graduate. A suspension keeps the students in the school system. An expulsion hearing is conducted in closed session by the school board and the board makes the final decision.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Is there a reason the SWHS students are suddenly turning into destructive hoodlums? :dunno:

Between the Seagrove thefts and multiple instances of school vandalism it would seem that there are a lot of bored (and severely unsupervised and immoral) kids out there.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
While there are a number of hoodlums at SWHS, the students and the situation(s) mentioned in this thread are at Walton High (DeFuniak Springs). SWHS is not *yet* involved.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Ah - I didn't catch that part. :blush: Forget there's more than one - just assumed it was the one I see all the time in Sowal!