• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
When the County bought the 2+ acres at the outfall of Stallworth, I thought part of the deal was that the public had access through the access just before the gate to Stallworth Community. No?

greenroomsurfer

Beach Fanatic
Nov 24, 2006
Where Free Speech Is Allowed
I'm currently trying to hunt down the documentation to that access. Supposedly it is semi quasi public access just to Beach Highlands residents(the one that wasn't worthy of a big blue sign) But I was blessed with the ability to talk before I think so let me check.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
When the County bought the 2+ acres at the outfall of Stallworth, I thought part of the deal was that the public had access through the access just before the gate to Stallworth Community. No?

That's exactly where it is. There is a sign on the beach listing the Stallworth Preserve as a private beach, but it's a small area and no one ever has complained of anyone on that side of the sign, either.

Thanks for all the info from everyone.

The pdf that you attached, GRS, seems to indicate it's public but no one really wants anyone to know it's public. It even suggests to use the 8 regional accesses over the others at the top.

There's enough parking for 5-6 cars there & a bike rack. Usually, we walk, but sometimes take then car (which is when we usually also end up somewhere else because there's no parking). There's a couple of others from our neighborhood that use it, but most just skip it because of no amenties.

Until someone says, "Hey, y'all don't live in this neighborhood!" and kicks my :moon:out, that's where we'll be. We've been using it for 2 seasons and (knock on wood) no one's ever said a word.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I like it there too. especially for sunsets. I am sure it is available to the public because of the Stallworth Parcel that is owned by the County. I worked on that project, and I know that public access is a key part of those purchases.
:D

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
I like it there too. especially for sunsets. I am sure it is available to the public because of the Stallworth Parcel that is owned by the County. I worked on that project, and I know that public access is a key part of those purchases.
:D

I love the sunsets there! When I am at home and see the sun setting, I can just imagine what it looks like just down the street, on the beach. That's why I had to get the kids out last evening to see part of it.

I've looked for the Bullard Road/Highland Ave access and cannot find it, so to me, that one is more of a private, neighborhood access. The one at Stallworth/Bishop has a flag, stairs, trashcan & showers. To me, that's got public written all over it.

Again, this goes back to the whole point of the thread in the first place. If beaches that appear to be public and are not or either are at a point of being taken away from the public domain, it is truly sad. None of us really own the land at all.....

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
One of the signs had 'fallen' the other day, so I decided to put a plan into action. I got the idea from seeing some kids on the beach. I buried myself and hid in the sand, patiently waiting for the owner to come by and erect the sign once again. Well, it took nearly a day and a half, but the wait was well worth it. I scared the hell out of him when I came up from under that sand. I think he's still laying out there, prone and next to the water. Well, actually I know he is and he's already beginning to smell, which will ironically keep people away from 'his' part of the beach. Oh well.

Mark Partington

Beach Lover
Dec 10, 2007
walton county
www.flickr.com
I remember this dude....from about 4-5 years ago......we were asked if we were "making a statement " of sorts; he pointed to an imaginary property line in the water & we were just sort of freaked out. I didnt go there to start a fight & other than wanting to finish that one right there, we just left & I kinda felt sorry for the guy. I'm sure there used to be more sand & water behind his house....now the waves are lapping at his divine right to be ugly...posiden does take stuff back(funny that way)....

Mystified

Beach Lover
Jan 6, 2008
"Granma, I just want to sit here and watch the plants." 4-year-old granddaughter.

Thats my favorite thing to do!