• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I'll bite...

Jeff Foxworthy and Jessica Simpson (I presume you refer to these two) are pretty high caliber if you measure their success within their respective target markets. These are 2 hugely successful people- moguls actually...

....You Forgot
:roll:

1109_pauly_shore_02_splash_full.jpg

Admittedly, when I think "celebrity mogul" none of these three springs to mind.

Last edited:

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I'll give you Pauly the Weasel, SHELLY...
:D

As far as the others being moguls-

Foxworthy parlayed "You might be a redneck" into a multimedia empire- Books, DVD's, apparel, a long running TV show that stars him (and is named after him). Now he has a full comedy troupe that sells out arenas. I believe he owns it all. Rich and famous, completely relevant after all these years...

Jessica (with the help of her ambitious dad- I'll be kind) parlayed a decent voice and good looks into a mainstream music career, she had a hit tv show, she has starred in major motion pictures, she has her own line of designer clothing, shoes, jewelry, hair products. She is a paid spokesperson for Proactiv- a market leader in skin products...

A decent argument can be made that these two are icons...

I'm not a big fan of either of them. But I am not a hater. You're way off if you were talking about these two when you said that by getting hit with a dead cat that it would be a career boost (or whatever you said)...

But regardless of all this sillyness,
How I feel can be summed up simply with-

I think it is neat that INSERT CELEBRITY NAME is here visiting our little slice of paradise...

Everything else I posted was just me reacting to the negativity...

Later...

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
mogul [ˈməugl] noun

a very rich person who has great power or influence in a particular industry or activity
Example: a media mogul

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
:welcome:Foxworthy's a more natural fit for Sowal than most others. After all, it was on these very beaches that somebody threw a beer can at a shark :rofl: and somebody else (my wife and I) used"Whipping Post" as our special song at our wedding . :clap: And if you've ever done either of those things, I'd have to say you might just be a redneck.:rotfl:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'll bite...

Jeff Foxworthy and Jessica Simpson (I presume you refer to these two) are pretty high caliber if you measure their success within their respective target markets. These are 2 hugely successful people- moguls actually...

And while I don't know who you are, SHEL-
It is safe to say you will never be as successful in your arena as they are in theirs...

Odds are this is true for everyone who reads this board...

It is interesting, the various ways which people measure success.

If Jeff is performing comedy somewhere in SoWal, please let me know. However, I do not care to see his white legs in a swimsuit on the beach. :rotfl: I think it is great that this area draws celebrities, but if you want to keep that happening, perhaps you should keep it on the down-low.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
:welcome:Foxworthy's a more natural fit for Sowal than most others. After all, it was on these very beaches that somebody threw a beer can at a shark :rofl: and somebody else (my wife and I) used"Whipping Post" as our special song at our wedding . :clap: And if you've ever done either of those things, I'd have to say you might just be a redneck.:rotfl:
I missed the beer can, but I saw Rick throw a Corona bottle, after quickly emptying it down his throat, at a Hammerhead Shark a couple of years ago. "You might be ...."