• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
this show will blow you away. some of you need to spend more time in the panhandle...

Yes, but life inland gets in the way. I second the motion to have somebody tape the show for me and Kitty! (Preferably someone who knows how to run one of those recording thingies.)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
this show will blow you away. some of you need to spend more time in the panhandle...

I'll bite. I am working on it. :wave:

Ask RepComic to call me....he knows why!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
:clap: Y'all know my family loves the Seaside Rep and everyone associated with it- but this post is ALL ABOUT THE INTERNS!!:love:

As most of us know, this group came out of the South Walton High School drama department's Blithe Spirit controversy. The Seaside Rep allowed the play to be performed at the theater, and the intern program was up and running soon after, which was a good thing- the Rep had 3 shows open in 2 weeks with Sleeping Beauty, Stinky Cheese Man, and Fuddy Meers- coupled with homeowork, the end of school, graduation, and other part time paying jobs. Talk about craziness!

These interns have had a summer schedule that would make your head spin. Every single Monday and Tuesday night at 4:30 pm, they can be found setting up the performances for the children's plays, running tech, then tearing it all back down, usually not finishing before 10. During Fuddy Meers, they were at the theater Wednesdays-Saturdays, so for several of them Sunday night was the only night off.

On top of the wild summer schedule, KC, Kendall, Meredith, and Nikhil are starting college and I am wondering if they have had any chance to get ready, especially since Meredith leaves Sunday after the last intern show!

I encourage you to attend their show, which marks the end of a triumphant year for theater in our community, and more importantly, honors their hard work, dedication, and love of the theater. Part of the proceeds go to the South Walton High School drama department. Funding and supporting a strong high school theater department in our community is important- it is not just kids being in plays. They are learning how to be comfortable in front of people, thinking on their feet, the importance of working together and being supportive of their peers, and a love for the arts, which are all qualities we adults should want our young people to learn. These qualities are not just theater qualities- they are life qualities!

I have to say being around this group of young adults has made our summer zoom by! We have enjoyed every minute spent with them! The Intern Show marks the end of a long, crazy, stupendous, wonderful year, and if people ever have any doubts about this generation of kids, look no further than this group. Their intelligence, maturity and poise will blow you away. We will miss the graduating interns but thank them for blazing the trail in a new program and "setting the stage" for new interns to join the program!

Call 231-0733 for Intern Show tickets, or information how to become an intern at the Seaside Repertory Theatre!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg...you make my heart sing! :love: I have goosebumps reading your ode to the fabulous interns of The Rep. So many of the people I love and respect call The Rep a home away from home. The opportunity it gives the youth of the area is outstanding and they should all be proud. Now....a shout out to the interns and the ones who inspire them....

Go forth and sing, act, dance, laugh and live a good life!!! :clap:

Bdarg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Point Washington
THE INTERN SHOW!

Get your tickets early and often!!!!

Kase626

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2007
Seacrest Beach
JDarg, I've begun to tear up after reading your post. The Rep has made itself a special place in my heart, and it kills me to leave it. The Rep has done so much for me this year, as well as my friends. Working as interns has opened so many doors, and given us such amazing opportunities, not to mention a SUPREME advantage as Theatre majors in college. It's hard to find words to describe how much I appreciate all they have done.

As excited as I am to open the Intern Show, I almost don't want it to happen, because it marks the end of this summer. I've made such amazing friends and memories, I don't want to say goodbye. Luckily, I know I'll always have my favorite theatre at home waiting for me. So a HUGE thanks to everyone at the Rep and in the community. You all have made this a summer I'll NEVER forget.

:love: