• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beach closed?

New posts
I started this thread to question why someone restricts my access to the beach, something I hate, not as a local/ tourist(I prefer visitor) bash. People will continue to act without regard to warnings, and tape nor bar will keep me from my appointed beach rounds, but who can close the Beach? I like Oregon- ALLacess to ALL beaches ALL the time, common sense prevailing.

Did you see something that said the beach was closed? I am not sure that the beaches were ever closed. The water was closed and the public beach accesses (walkovers and parking lots) were closed.
 
You are in South Carolina. the beaches were closed. The cops were at the bars the and the Truman show set designers put up pretty scenes up so it looked normal and for the first time in many years there was no traffic in Seaside. :floor:
 
Storm beach

Wow--- i was gonna post and ask what the beach was like during a smaller storm like Fay but it seems there are a few that are a bit testy today ----scary ----- saw PC BEach on the Weather Channel during the Eye and it looked safe enough ----nobody in the water but 7 or 8 hearty soul enjoying the beach----wish I was there >>>............:cool:
 
I am glad they taped up the public accesses!

FTLOG they put up a couple pieces of tape to prevent possible injury and death, they weren't dragging people to jail in leg chains!

We should be thankful they were proactive and prepared for a storm, not biatching about class distinctions of what walkover got taped! :roll:
 
I understand the liability aspects of a slip and fall on wet stairs, but the question comes to mind -- If the EOC closes the public accesses, and the water is closed, but not the beach, are we to deduce that the public accesses are accesses only to the water and not accesses to the beach?
 
I understand the liability aspects of a slip and fall on wet stairs, but the question comes to mind -- If the EOC closes the public accesses, and the water is closed, but not the beach, are we to deduce that the public accesses are accesses only to the water and not accesses to the beach?
Don't confuse the already confused!!!
 
You are in South Carolina. the beaches were closed. The cops were at the bars the and the Truman show set designers put up pretty scenes up so it looked normal and for the first time in many years there was no traffic in Seaside. :floor:
Thanks I was confused on where I was :roll:. I am pretty sure you might not know as much as you think sometimes, and this is one of those times. Here's a link to the County's Press Releases. You may want to check the closures and cancellations link before you play Mr. Smartypants. :wave:

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/default.asp?id=116
 
I understand the liability aspects of a slip and fall on wet stairs, but the question comes to mind -- If the EOC closes the public accesses, and the water is closed, but not the beach, are we to deduce that the public accesses are accesses only to the water and not accesses to the beach?

The reasons the accesses are closed is due to liability from accidents that could occur due to them being opened, not because they take you to the beach or water. The County doesn't want you on them in a tropical storm, or even worse a hurricane, because you could get hurt. It's not a hypothetical, it has happened.
 
What about the daily liability with wet feet on any day the access is open. Liability, I think not. Close access any time it rains? Not!
 
40mph winds aren't expected with each rain. It was mentioned earlier, the combination of strong wind and rain were the issue, not only rain. My guess is that it would be nearly impossible to ask that TDC employees try to stand guard at each public access and wait for wind to hit a certain speed, so that each access could be quickly closed off, hence the early call on that decision. I just go to Grayton Beach, and am able to avoid all of that red, I mean yellow, tape, though I bet it is more difficult to step through yellow tape with a surfboard at the other accesses, so I can empathize with the surfers.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top