• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Expressions your mom used

New posts
When standing in front of the TV - You're a pane, but I can't see through you!

My Dad
You're a PITA!

My grandmother always told me when I was standing in front of the TV--
"You've been drinkin' muddy water--move out of the way!!"
 
"You are full of p*ss and vinegar." I have no idea what that meant.
"Colder than a well diggers a$$ outside."
"Can the corn!" When we got too wild

When I moved to NC mountains I heard a bunch that I never understood like: "He is mean as cairn." (a cairn is a pile of stones????)

"Good Lord my time!" when harried or frustrated or incredulous.

"Working on Sunday? Ain't you afraid the bad man is gonna get you?"
 
Oddly this one hasn't come up:

Because I said so!

My grandfather was full of sh!t expressions.

Sh!t fire and save matches.
Sh!t fire.
We're out of sh!t ribbon. (referring to toilet paper)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top