• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WhoDat1

Beach Lover
Oct 23, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
And for the record, I never misled ANYONE I talked to, and Casavant is against collective bargaining, I'm told. We never discussed any of this. Your reckless indictment of innocent employees like this is a testament to YOUR character.

I highly respect our training cadre, but we are not friends and do not confide in each other. I respect them for their training skills.

Last edited:

WhoDat1

Beach Lover
Oct 23, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Union or no union, I hope the new Sheriff stops allowing cars to be driven home all over North Florida and South Alabama.:angry: I support in the county and maybe just over the line (Destin, PC Beach) but no further. I would also prefer hiring preference be given to county residents. Allow our tax dollars to remain at work here.:clap:

This is'nt a stab at you, Idle. I would completely agree with you, normally.

The only problem is we have no pool(or very small and sometimes undesireable) of potential employees inside the county lines. Its just to darn expensive for most people to live here compared to North Okaloosa and some areas in the Northend and South Alabama. That being said, they should definately be assigned areas as close to their homes as possible to save gas and vehicle wear.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
As someone who has been on the ground floor of organizing and also having been stabbed in the back by one of those members who sold us down the river, there is a reason that you go to those folks who you as a leader feel you can TRUST. Maybe folks outside of Public Safety think things are so great and you are protected. Wrong, Watcher advised he has no problem with the Union, except for those "RJ REJECTS" how biased can you be. RedSox doesn't believe it was handled correctly and even calls WhoDat out, RedSox, My names Bob Wells, I am a Union FireFighter Paramedic, Now if you didn't know who I was before you do now. What position are you vying for and why not just say what it is and how a UNION will screw you. Shallows, I've always known you to be upright and straight forward fellow and believe you to be a man of integrity, why you were not informed, I don't know, but give this a shot and be open to this. Last year in Tallahassee, I had the opportunity to visit with some Cop Union reps. The only thing that suprises me is that those Reps did not take me up on my offer to introduce them to some employees who were interested then.

crazytimes

Beach Comber
Oct 2, 2008
Why would a warrant be drafted just because someone supported an opposing candidate during the election? Just wondering as this makes no sense. Alot sopported and let it be known they did. So you get arrested for it now. :dunno:

Originally Posted by The Watcher
1) The lap dogs are several (ranking) employees very dedicated to RJ. I do not want to name names on a blog, especially since my identity is protected as well, otherwise, I'd be gone a long time ago... Just ask a deputy in private and I'm sure they'll tell you. Any WCSO employee reading already knows very well to whom I elude...:cool:

2) Drafted up an arrest warrant for a fellow officer based on their support of an opposing candidate during the election. Nice...:shock:

3) As I understand it, I'm not one of MA's inner circle, but as I understand; a prior leader of the State DOT, a SAC from FDLE (Pensacola Region), an individual with years and years of local LEO experience and a current WCSO supervisor (one who knows what he's doing). Maybe one or two more.

4) County approved budget.

5) Yes, lap dogs are paid, not in Milk Bones either... I believe at least one is on "leave time" and that RJ has aggressively made attempts to assist in seeking employment for them. Now, whether or not this "leave" is valid, I do not know. Remember, some have already posted concerns over "comp time" never received...maybe this is where it went.

Also, as a fellow tax payer, let's not forget the pending federal law suit over the two pregnant officers being fired.:roll:

be seeing u.

Irisheyes

Beach Comber
Oct 22, 2008
1) The lap dogs are several (ranking) employees very dedicated to RJ. I do not want to name names on a blog, especially since my identity is protected as well, otherwise, I'd be gone a long time ago... Just ask a deputy in private and I'm sure they'll tell you. Any WCSO employee reading already knows very well to whom I elude...:cool:

2) Drafted up an arrest warrant for a fellow officer based on their support of an opposing candidate during the election. Nice...:shock:

3) As I understand it, I'm not one of MA's inner circle, but as I understand; a prior leader of the State DOT, a SAC from FDLE (Pensacola Region), an individual with years and years of local LEO experience and a current WCSO supervisor (one who knows what he's doing). Maybe one or two more.

4) County approved budget.

5) Yes, lap dogs are paid, not in Milk Bones either... I believe at least one is on "leave time" and that RJ has aggressively made attempts to assist in seeking employment for them. Now, whether or not this "leave" is valid, I do not know. Remember, some have already posted concerns over "comp time" never received...maybe this is where it went.

Also, as a fellow tax payer, let's not forget the pending federal law suit over the two pregnant officers being fired.:roll:

be seeing u.

w

Thank you for bringing to light some things that needed to be brought to light. I just hope people read the seriousness of what has been done.... hense #2.... So SAD....

Irisheyes

Beach Comber
Oct 22, 2008
Boys, Boys,Boys, lets stop all this silly bickering, and lets focus on the task at hand. We have a new sheriff. If and I hope that thats a BIG IF, the PBA gets voted in, then we will deal with it then. If it doesnt then we will give Sheriff Mike Adkinson a chance to do what he says he is going to do. One thing we need not do is tear at each others throats which is what the old admin has caused us to do for the last 8 years. We are a family, like it or not. Theres no need for you REDSOX, or you WHODAT1 to longer fight, or call each other out. Just vote the way you want, and move on. Lets please try and mend our department back to what it should be, and what it can be. If you were at that meeting Mike had today you seen that he is a great leader. This is going to be a great department!!!! Not just because I am in it ( ha ha ha ) but because we will have a fresh start, with a new leader who is not like the old. So throw in the white flag, and lets just see where it all falls, and go from there.. Later
Irisheyes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Creeklover

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2007
I have read all of the post and offer the following:
1. I bet when RJ was voted in office everyone thought he was going to be the best sheriff walton county had every seen and look what happened and we voted him back in office.
2. I only see the union as a was to keep the new sheriff being honest in regards to all of the problems that has happened in the past.
3. By voting now and establishing a contract with the new sheriff after Jan 1st. (which is just around the corner) will keep the items that you enjoy now and will not allow him to see a way to cut items due to funding.
4. The Sheriff should be allowed to bring in his own command staff with him.
5. The officers that would be covered under the contract that you say are not good leaders whould be offered officer development training and allowed to be mentoried into a good supervisor. It they are still bad supervisors and the contract is in place there is a way to get rid of them and it will be legal and uniformed across the board.
6. Bad leaders almost allways get rid of them shelves
7. The vehicle take home program should be limited to employees who have a need to return to work after hours (SWAT, Inv.) and everyone elese should haft to drive to the station or sub station to pick up their vehicle as anyother worker has to do. I would love to be able to take home a company vehicle home so i could save on fuel and vehicle repaires. I bet the deputys get great trade in value for low milage vehicles. I know several deputies and you whould have thought some one had took a toy in the play yard away from them when that ruling came out.
8. If the SO would hear what teh FD has to say on unions you might learn something as they have had many years of miss management and BS blown up their *** and they have had leaders placed in positions that did not belong there and should have been fired but the union protected them then a new chief came in and seen the issues and has been providing training to the officers to inprove their skills and has made great progress with this and there is still ways if someone does something so bad to be fired to be fired.