• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Please! Freeport needs a decent grocery store of any kind. We have been hearing the Publix rumor for years. Winn Dixie, Bruno's, Piggly Wiggly-- I am not that picky about the name as long as the produce is not rotten and the freezers work.

Maybe you're in luck. Publix is negotiating for some land in Freeport. Don't know if you would call this a rumor but the person who owns the property told me this.

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
While we are on the Publix subject, let me revive an old rumor..... A Publix in Freeport--any ideas on what might be happening on that one (if anything)?

Sorry, Santiago....just read your post. I'm wondering if we're hearing the same rumors--I had heard (third hand, or so....) the same story...... Publix is getting closer to doing the "Freeport thing". (Of course, "closer" is a relative term....)

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
And if anyone gets tired of the music, I can bring over some of that screeching, pig-squealing, f-bomb in every lyric, all-about-death alternative crap my kid keeps exposing me to. :whack:

Come to think of it, the bagboys would probably like that.

Just remember when your parents had to listen to the new fangled "hippie crap". :D Of course you'll still look normal at 80 listening to Fleetwood Mac, shallowsquirt is gonna look funny at 80 trying to bang his head along to Fallout Boy. :funn:

Maybe you're in luck. Publix is negotiating for some land in Freeport. Don't know if you would call this a rumor but the person who owns the property told me this.

While we are on the Publix subject, let me revive an old rumor..... A Publix in Freeport--any ideas on what might be happening on that one (if anything)?

Sorry, Santiago....just read your post. I'm wondering if we're hearing the same rumors--I had heard (third hand, or so....) the same story...... Publix is getting closer to doing the "Freeport thing". (Of course, "closer" is a relative term....)

Santiago, where might this property be? (Honest question, not meant to be read any other way than inquisitive)

I had always heard it was going at the intersection of 331 and 3280. :dunno:

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
anyone know about an estimated completion time...:dunno:

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
I had always heard it was going at the intersection of 331 and 3280. :dunno:[/quote]

Can you give me a street name, for 3280? I don't have a map with references to County, etc, route numbers.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I had always heard it was going at the intersection of 331 and 3280. :dunno:

Can you give me a street name, for 3280? I don't have a map with references to County, etc, route numbers.[/quote]

Listed as River Rd. and SR 394 and SR 81.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
3280 goes by many names. We historically called it Black Creek, because that's where it went. However, since it has been paved all the way through (which has been many years now), I think it's officially River Road now.

With SoWal having three Publix stores, I think 331/3280 would be pretty far south. But you would pick up all the folks who cut off on 3280 to go home.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If a Publix is built in Freeport, it would likely be on the new stretch of 331. Freeport is in the process of relocating the Post Office to a site just north of hwy 20, on the new 331 section, and if you look closely, you will see more land cleared just to the north of the new Post Office. I expect much growth in that area. 331/3280 is highly unlikely for Publix, because ppl in South Walton will hit one of the other stores, and a large biz like Publix would rather be closer to the center where the number of roof tops is focused in a 5 mile radius. Not many roofs from which to draw ppl south of 3280, and north of the Bay. The Plantation at Freeport would be very close to their 4000 acre developement, and adjacent to Owl's Head, a similar size project, only 5.5 miles to Windswept Estates, about 5 miles to Hammock Bay, and about 5 miles to the Bay, picking up all of that traffic, too.