• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

weatabix

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2009
Somebody calls the police for "breach of the peace" and Pandora's gets shut down....Coconut Radio was on break and the manager gets hauled off to jail.....Let us just say that first of all, Coconut Radio consists of violin and acoustic guitar and volumes were at "acoustic" levels.....The restaurant was doing a brisk business, and the crowd evaporated quickly after the band was shut down, resulting in a large loss of business and revenue for the staff, and the band. When we are all trying to hold onto what we can in this current economic climate, it is vexing to have one or two individuals dictate the paycheck for other hardworking people. Is this the world we have to live in? Why in the world would anyone wish a business to fail right now? These self righteous individuals need to see outside their own back doors and into the world around them. I hope they don't succeed in killing the goose that laid the golden egg....

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
A bunch of us arrived at Pandora's after leaving the soiree on Grayton Beach. Noticed people leaving all at once and once we went in we were told what had occured. Thanks for the full explanation. I do not understand a manager or owner being hauled off to jail for this. Then again, I can't understand building a house backing up to a bar/restaurant and trying to adjust the surroundings to please myself.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I don't understand being jailed for this. WTF! People get tickets every day and don't go to jail. :dunno: I'll bet our motorcycle was louder than their music. This is just wrong! :bang:

Sheriff?????

lsucajuns

Beach Lover
Jun 10, 2008
Dune Allen
hendersonscott66.wix.com
You know something, it just makes me so mad I see red. Life is to short for people to go around so cranky. SO this is for you who ever you are that called the police,

1, join the party, who knows you might meet "a" firend, as from the sound of things you don't have any.
2, music is good for the soul, if you could hear it from your house you should have called friends over for your own party, free intertainment.
3 if your that crabby, MOVE
4 Wal-Mart sells ear plugs,
5 My wife works for a retirement home, they are all quite by 8 pm, should we find you a room?
6 Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in Broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW - WHAT A RIDE
7 Find the Loin he needed a heart too!

bluecat

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2007
kentucky
IMO, it is so much easier and more pleasant to live on this earth ( green or not) if one is more tolerant of other folks. I' never heard of music killing anyone and I've lived a long time and enjoyed most of it, and certainly enjoy Pandoras fine steaks and music any time I'm down there. What I'm saying is, whoever complained, next "Sady" put on your fine clothes, go out and enjoy some good food, good music and see if you feel better about the world out side yours.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
a bunch of us arrived at pandora's after leaving the soiree on grayton beach. Noticed people leaving all at once and once we went in we were told what had occured. Thanks for the full explanation. I do not understand a manager or owner being hauled off to jail for this. Then again, i can't understand building a house backing up to a bar/restaurant and trying to adjust the surroundings to please myself.

exactly.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
I fear that beyond the obvious and immediate effects, the noise ordinance enforcement will give SoWal a bad reputation in general. Are we going to be known as killjoys? People go on vacation to relax and have fun. If music is a bother at 9:30, maybe Del Boca Vista has a unit for you next to the shuffleboard court.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I was ther last night and left before the excitement, but the band was not loud....at all!!! Go figure...the night it is toned down is when someone goes to jail.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Hey, I like ShuffleBoard.

Maybe Walton County would like for no one to make any noise. No cash registers ringing, no credit card modems sounding, no music, no cars, no people. This place would dry up overnight, and the County coffers would be making a very hollow sound.