• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Read through previous posts in this merged thread for info.

There has been very slow work going on the last few years. I don't know the status but I assume they are a victim of the slow market. Another case of bad timing. Maybe someone with the development or a realtor can update us?

totally

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2008
Read through previous posts in this merged thread for info.

There has been very slow work going on the last few years. I don't know the status but I assume they are a victim of the slow market. Another case of bad timing. Maybe someone with the development or a realtor can update us?

I think it is going back to the bank.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Overpriced beach community with no beach access - unless you think going through the public access at Deer Lake Park is adequate. This was the worst thought out development on 30a IMO. Nantucket style homes on an ersatz harbor??????????? JOE will eventually pick this property up for a song and absorb into Watersound. On second thought this might be a good buy and hope things happen that way.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Overpriced beach community with no beach access - unless you think going through the public access at Deer Lake Park is adequate. This was the worst thought out development on 30a IMO. Nantucket style homes on an ersatz harbor??????????? JOE will eventually pick this property up for a song and absorb into Watersound. On second thought this might be a good buy and hope things happen that way.

Joe can't get rid of its own current inventory. Also, they would get slaughtered in the market if they purchased more raw land. It may happen, but it will be a long time coming.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Prominence under new management?

Drove by today and noticed some news signs at Prominence for The New Orchard Group (not sure 100% on the name).

Just wondering if it went back to the bank or what? Not much activity in months over there.

img1244309254485.jpg

Last edited:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
So Orchard doesn't own these properties, they're acting as consultants to help dig the the properties out of the grave? Or is Orchard the original developer?

If the former, probably a smart business to be in - they'll make a killing over the next few years. (Unless of course the people running it are failed developers themselves, in which case you have to wonder.)

I looked through the site and found the names of the founders - Mr. Brad Zeitlin and Mr. Steve R. Bradley. I really haven't found much on either through the web, anybody know anything about these two gentlemen?

Last edited:

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
I just notced they a fluffing the entire front of the place with pinetstraw and cleaning up the duck pond at the front a bit, and there are now actually cars parked at the construction trailer--it looks like something is happening, and sometimes that is all it takes!

Last edited:

Prominence

Beach Crab
Jun 7, 2009
Sowallers, Greetings from Prominence!

Prominence is a planned 80 acre town, with approximately 40 acres on the south side of 30A and 40 acres on the north side of 30A. It is an extraordinary site, with approved entitlements for 650 residential units, 200,000 sq ft of commercial, 120 room hotel, 5,000 sq ft spa and 13,000 sq ft of civic/public space. We all know that a lot has changed since the project was approved, contining market challenges exist; however, the owners believe the time is right to take steps to move forward. Please keep in mind that Prominence is the size of Seaside or Rosemary Beach - so the development of this town will be a long and exciting process.

Thank you for noticing the first step - this is a near term objective to quickly clean-up the existing site. To date, the bike path has been cleaned, the right-of-way (from the street to south of the bike path) has been mowed, pinestraw has been refreshed in certain areas, heavy equipment has been moved away from the front of the project, roads/hard surfaces have been cleared of debris and weed removal has started. Of course, these steps won't dramatically transform the project; however, they are important. Our neighbors, those who use the bike path and those who drive by frequently are certainly pleased to see this work!

Future plans are exciting and do include further site enhancement. We believe this will be great for the 30A corridor.

Brad and Steve welcome your phone calls at 850-231-0850 and would be pleased to meet in person at Prominence for those who have further interest.

Thank you!
:wave:

Last edited: