• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Skerm

Beach Comber
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago
Prominence

Has anyone heard anything as far as pricing\release info for this neighborhood located next to Watersound?

Thx.

alongfortheride

Beach Comber
Jun 14, 2005
Re: Prominence

About 2 mos ago, I got an email. They priced the lots just south of 30A at about 950k if I remember. :rotfl: Don't know how many suckers paid that though

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

alongfortheride said:
About 2 mos ago, I got an email. They priced the lots just south of 30A at about 950k if I remember. :rotfl: Don't know how many suckers paid that though

And these guys, at the soiree held about 1.5 years ago, said that it was important for them to include affordable housing mixed into the community. I think you can bet your life's savings, that you should have doubled if you took my advice on betting on another thread, on Prominence not selling affordable housing. If you were at the meeting, I am the one who questioned them saying that to win votes with the public. They did not know how to respond.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Smiling JOe said:
And these guys, at the soiree held about 1.5 years ago, said that it was important for them to include affordable housing mixed into the community. I think you can bet your life's savings, that you should have doubled if you took my advice on betting on another thread, on Prominence not selling affordable housing. If you were at the meeting, I am the one who questioned them saying that to win votes with the public. They did not know how to respond.

SJ...give us a little definition of Prominence...I bet it won't hint at "affordable"!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

http://www.prominencefl.com

More "waterfront" property on Scenic 30-A to be developed
An 80-acre project near WaterSound that runs north and south of 30-A will include a large retention pond that will create a "harbor". The new development, Prominence, is billed as a town where people can live, shop and work, and is planned by the same firm that planned Sandestin's Baytowne Wharf. The planner is copying elements from Nantucket, Mass., in an attempt to complement the New-England-themed WaterSound community. Prominence will include a theater with a balcony that will be used for live performances, and movies. There are plans for a soda fountain across the corner with a bank nearby.

Development of 400 residential units, 200,000 square feet commercial, 100 hotel units on 78 acres.

Last edited:

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.

Thanks for the info. Have they broke ground yet? Where exactly is this going to be? East or West of WaterSound? Isn't the State Park nearby?

100 hotel rooms? 400 more residential units and we think we have alot of inventory now? What is the start and expected end date to the community?

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged

wetwilly said:
Thanks for the info. Have they broke ground yet? Where exactly is this going to be? East or West of WaterSound? Isn't the State Park nearby?

100 hotel rooms? 400 more residential units and we think we have alot of inventory now? What is the start and expected end date to the community?

Last time I saw it, they've got the sign up and were moving the dirt around. Haven't really looked in a couple of weeks. It's actually on a piece of property on 30A kinda surrounded by Watersound isn't it Kurt? East of Lakewood and before the Watersound main entrance.

950K :rotfl: . I'm sure they'll get it. But no beach and how are they making a harbor? Thought they had no water access. Anybody got the plat?

I can't wait for the movies. Hopefully they'll be more than old 3 stooges movies. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Cork On the Ocean said:
Last time I saw it, they've got the sign up and were moving the dirt around. Haven't really looked in a couple of weeks. It's actually on a piece of property on 30A kinda surrounded by Watersound isn't it Kurt? East of Lakewood and before the Watersound main entrance.

950K :rotfl: . I'm sure they'll get it. But no beach and how are they making a harbor? Thought they had no water access. Anybody got the plat?

I can't wait for the movies. Hopefully they'll be more than old 3 stooges movies. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

At the first public meeting, they displayed sketches of the "harbour" being created on both sides of Hwy 30-A. They are going to dig one out a few feet deep, and that will be used to retain water runoff. I really laughed at that meeting when they said they were going to have a movie theatre. I am thinking $30 per movie, who is going? My guess is that this great vision they had may not make it to reality.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

kurt said:
http://www.prominencefl.com

More "waterfront" property on Scenic 30-A to be developed
An 80-acre project near WaterSound that runs north and south of 30-A will include a large retention pond that will create a "harbor". The new development, Prominence, is billed as a town where people can live, shop and work, and is planned by the same firm that planned Sandestin's Baytowne Wharf. The planner is copying elements from Nantucket, Mass., in an attempt to complement the New-England-themed WaterSound community. Prominence will include a theater with a balcony that will be used for live performances, and movies. There are plans for a soda fountain across the corner with a bank nearby.

Development of 400 residential units, 200,000 square feet commercial, 100 hotel units on 78 acres.
commercial; and 100 hotel units is proposed for some 78 acres on either side of Hwy 30-
A.
commercial; and 100 hotel units is proposed for some 78 acres on either side of Hwy 30-
A.

Doesn't this remind you of the Walton Undercurrent article about the "Nordic" development? That was funny!