• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Thanks all for the interest and comments! We will do our best to check in with the SOWALLERS on a consistent basis to provide updates. "New Orchard Group" is the brand for a number of real estate related companies. Their companies have developed several properties including The Private Residence Club in Rosemary Beach, The Mercado (where Paradis is located), The Savannah (where Starbucks used to be in Rosemary), Redfish Village and numerous others. Their headquarters is in Rosemary Beach. The principals, Steve and Brad live full time on 30A with their families and welcome any SOWALLERS who would like to visit with them to discuss Prominence. They can be reached at 850-231-0850. The primary owner of Prominence and financial resource behind the project is an entity of The Colonial Company of Montgomery, Alabama.

Thank you! :wave:

Wishing you the best and thanks for keeping the SoWal community informed. We have a place in Seacrest Beach and it will be good to see movement at Prominence when we drive by.

The original plan was the access in Deer Lake Park. Transport provided or drive yourself. Not a very good solution as parking is limited and it is a looooong boardwalk to the beach. Hope for all our sakes the idea of closing the park does not resurface as this developer would almost certainly try to acquire it when the state put it up for sale as excess inventory to raise funds. God knows what they would build on it then.
I don't want Deer Lake to be sold to a developer. I hope that the state would not allow this. Some of the other state parks that define the uniqueness of this area be might be next. OMG! If the state parks are in danger, maybe a group of private investors could get together to preserve the pristine nature of these parks. If that occurs, please PM me.

NO DESTIN ON 30A!

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Can someone help me out here? We are considering purchasing a lot in Watersound West Beach. Is this Prominence right next door to it? If so, I imagine this has the potential to have a huge impact on the West Beach area, including not having the protection of the Deer Lake State Park?

Thank you.

St Joe owns everything that surround this area. The beach here will be quite a busy place in 20 years, but there's nothing anyone can do about that. Prominence actually seems to be well situated as long as they've managed to work out good beach access.

Walton County Parcel Maps

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
The state floated the idea of closing some state parks to save money and Deer Lake was on the list. The outcry from Sowal helped change that. The state would not have saved but about $5000/yr if I remember correctly although originally projected at $50,000. Eternal vigilance is needed to nip these ideas in the bud, especially when they emanate from politicians.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
So what is the New Orchid Group's involvement? I really don't understand their role in this development.

Prominence

Beach Crab
Jun 7, 2009
Good morning Smiling Joe,

New Orchard's role is to be the local partner for The Colonial Company. They are responsible for managing and coordinating all activities and efforts related to Prominence. For anyone who has further interest, Brad and Steve are available to discuss the plans for Prominence in person or by phone - and can be reached at 850-231-0850. There will be a Welcome Center opening on site in the near future.

Regarding Deer Lake State Park, there are no plans or discussions about adding property as a part of the Prominence project.

Thank you!
:wave:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Good morning Smiling Joe,

New Orchard's role is to be the local partner for The Colonial Company. They are responsible for managing and coordinating all activities and efforts related to Prominence. For anyone who has further interest, Brad and Steve are available to discuss the plans for Prominence in person or by phone - and can be reached at 850-231-0850. There will be a Welcome Center opening on site in the near future.

Regarding Deer Lake State Park, there are no plans or discussions about adding property as a part of the Prominence project.

Thank you!:wave:

Just curious, how do you all plan to handle beach access with St Joe owning that sliver of property south of the community? From the airals it doesn't look like beach access will be directly south, but maybe off the south west corner?

Last edited:

Prominence

Beach Crab
Jun 7, 2009
Just curious, how do you all plan to handle beach access with St Joe owning that sliver of property south of the community? From the airals it doesn't look like beach access will be directly south, but maybe off the south west corner?

Hello 30A Shopper,

As you can see from looking at the aerials, Prominence is completely surrounded by Watersound and does not have beach access through their property.

Thank you! :wave: