• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
WMBB has a just posted a database that includes salaries for Walton County.

Might give you your answers FF2. Have fun !

Walton County Highlights
Non-Elected Top Earners:
County Administrator $121,091.00
South Walton Fire Chief $113,558.00
County Planning Division Director $105,000.00
Other High Earners:
County Financial Director $108,902
Clerk of Courts MIS Director $106,880
County Construction Director $98,097.00

Other Highlights:
Lowest Paid Police Officer or Firefighter:
City of Freeport Fireman - $9.07/hr ($18,865.60 annually)
Most Employees:
County Commission and Administration - 586
Least Employees:
Town of Paxton - 5

Here is the link:

wmbb.com - Who?s On ?YOUR? Payroll?

This Link Carries You to the Video Report ON WMBB

http://www.waltontaxpayers.org

WMBB Says They could not Get the Data for Walton County Schools but the WCTA made a request back in June of this year and received the attached .pdf file. Sorted by Dept and Highest to lowest within Dept.

View attachment 13814

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
County Commission District 1 - Vice-Chairman $38,580.00
County Commission Commissioner's Aide $44,491.00
County Commission Administrative Assistant $13.77
County Commission District 2- Commissioner $38,580.00
County Commission Executive Assistant $17.01
County Commission District 3 Commissioner $38,580.00
County Commission Executive Assistant $16.52
County Commission District 4 Chairman $38,580.00
County Commission Commissioner's Aide $34,000.00
County Commission District 5 Commissioner $38,580.00
County Commission Commissioner's Aide $44,491.00
County Commission Administrative Assistant $13.73

I'm curious about the above. I'm assuming that these are the assistants to the commissioners. Why is it that they are paid different amounts and even different ways? Again this is all on assumption that they are grouped accordingly.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Well this is just getting sadder and sadder by the minute.

Here is the lowest paid Code Enforcement "Officer":

County Commission Code Enforcement Officer 2 $19.04

You have to be a Lieutenant to beat that salary and be an EMT or Firefighter. That's just wrong. While I'll admit that there could be instances of a code enforcement going into a dangerous situation I doubt it's anywhere near what EMT's and Firefighters see on a regular basis. In addition CE doesn't work the hours that EMT's and Firefighters do.

I haven't gotten that far WCTA, but are we abusing our LEO's this way too?

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org

You have to be a Lieutenant to beat that salary and be an EMT or Firefighter. That's just wrong. While I'll admit that there could be instances of a code enforcement going into a dangerous situation I doubt it's anywhere near what EMT's and Firefighters see on a regular basis. In addition CE doesn't work the hours that EMT's and Firefighters do.

Yes we are.

Based on our study of the SO they would have to be a Lieutenant at the SO to make the same salary. You could transfer Code Enforcement under the SO and save $240,000 buy adjusting salaries to be inline with Deputies with the same years of experience.

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
I'm curious about the above. I'm assuming that these are the assistants to the commissioners. Why is it that they are paid different amounts and even different ways? Again this is all on assumption that they are grouped accordingly.

They have steps within a pay grade. Same position but different number of years serviice = different salaries.

You also have two different salary grades within the Commissioners staff. Different responsibilities = different pay chart.

Executive Assistants are basically "political patronage" positions - change Commissioners and those people are generally shifted somewhere else within the BCC. Allows a commissioner to have his/her staff.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

And all of them, but the commissioners have to pay for their family health care. I thought fair health care would be an issue for local democrats but I guess not.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Yes we are.

Based on our study of the SO they would have to be a Lieutenant at the SO to make the same salary. You could transfer Code Enforcement under the SO and save $240,000 buy adjusting salaries to be inline with Deputies with the same years of experience.

If you were to co mingle CE with SO all you have is SO and the lack of CE leadership. IMO
Thanks for the heads up on wages in Walton County.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yes we are.

Interesting take on it -- always after the savings. Did it ever occur to your group that maybe the SO is underpaid? You hint at that, but if that is the case, making it right will cost more money, not save $240,000.

30abob

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Are the Code Enforcement officers required to hold advanced degrees or professional licenses? In other words, is there a justifiable reason for the disparity or is it simply supply & demand?