• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
This may sound silly, but I have to buy a new iron and I would love to hear any opinions, recommendations, etc from the SoWal family. In my experience, buying a new iron is hit or miss. :dunno: I had a "Shark" that was great when new but now just spits and pours out water. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
This may sound silly, but I have to buy a new iron and I would love to hear any opinions, recommendations, etc from the SoWal family. In my experience, buying a new iron is hit or miss. :dunno: I had a "Shark" that was great when new but now just spits and pours out water. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I would give you my iron...but I cut the cord off and use it as a doorstop.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:lolabove:...your best bet is that Mango sees this!

ann hodnett

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2008
irons

Rowenta! Definitely, the best domestic iron available. They are expensive, but worth it. Also, on sale at Joanns, through Oct. 17( 30% off)

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach

Someone rang? I speak ironese. :D

Dmarie, every iron will spit water after a while because, unless you use distilled water, they clog in time, even with anticalc features. The Rowenta irons will do this, too.

A great iron at a great price is the http://www.sowal.com/bb/T-Fal Ultraglide Easycord IronT-Fal Ultraglide. $39.99
More reviews here:

My dream iron would be the Delonghi Stiromeglio :drool: , but at $199, it's not in the cards right now since I spent my money on an expensive Italian hairdryer. ;-)

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
Thank you everyone for the recommendations. It's funny how opinions still range across the board. If anyone else has a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
I also vote Rowenta - they get hot, hot hot.

Online, try Allbrands.com, I got mine from them at a good price (and I'm the kind that pays $90 for an iron...)

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc

That's what I was thinkin', too! :lol: And, evidently she did see it.

What's an iron? :dunno: :D

Good question! :D

Someone rang? I speak ironese. :D

Dmarie, every iron will spit water after a while because, unless you use distilled water, they clog in time, even with anticalc features. The Rowenta irons will do this, too.

A great iron at a great price is the T-Fal Ultraglide. $39.99
More reviews here:

My dream iron would be the Delonghi Stiromeglio :drool: , but at $199, it's not in the cards right now since I spent my money on an expensive Italian hairdryer. ;-)

I'm glad you got your priorities straight. :D What kind of hair dryer? Mine auto shuts off after 30 seconds and doesn't even have that feature. :dunno: