• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Last night, I saw all of the audio/video crew working hard to set up for Mountain Film. It's looking very good. I saw one big improvement, actually two. This year, they have opened up seating to the entire lawn. Previous years, they have done a rear-screen projection, which also required equipment in the center of lawn in front of the screen, behind which, no one sat. This year, they have improved, using a front projector, which is a big mama jama, and the films appear much brighter on the screen. They are also projecting it from a small tower in the back of the lawn, which opens up all that extra seating, and it's high enough above everyone's head that they won't be making shadow puppets on the screen.

I have much to do today, but I am excited about getting to Mountain Film (on tour) tonight and tomorrow.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Gathering chairs, blankets, scarves, warm coats, socks (I usually have the hardest time finding these)-

I finally understand the purpose of a Snuggie- it would be perfect for Mt. Film. (Just a merch idea for next year- a real Snuggie with a large Mt. Film logo...;-))

I love it here!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jdarg, you should consider storing that scarf, warm coat, and that pair of socks in your sleeping bag, so that you will always know where they are for Mtn Film.

When I was there last night, my toes were cold enough to consider wearing socks tonight. Also, there was a light dew on the ground, so be prepared. When you are out there for three hours tonight and tomorrow night, it will be chilly, unless you flew in from Colorado, but even Justin was wearing a fleece last night.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
jdarg, you should consider storing that scarf, warm coat, and that pair of socks in your sleeping bag, so that you will always know where they are for Mtn Film.

When I was there last night, my toes were cold enough to consider wearing socks tonight. Also, there was a light dew on the ground, so be prepared. When you are out there for three hours tonight and tomorrow night, it will be chilly, unless you flew in from Colorado, but even Justin was wearing a fleece last night.

You need to write the "Mt. Film Survival Guide".;-)

Your new SoWal name, "Searches For Socks". :D

Let me search for my mind first.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
thanks for reminding us all, smiling joe ...

socks are truly a wonderful thing, when they're just what's called for ... you don't know how many teeth-chattering people i've talked to at moutainfilm at watercolor over the years, in flip-flops at 9:30 pm, saying "yeah, but i live in florida"

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
Can't WAIT! I just bought my tickets online, happy early birthday to me! :love: