• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rlesgal

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2009
Freeport
Are there any crochet groups in our area? I'm teaching myself and not very well! :lol: Was wondering if there were any informal groups of chat n stitch types around? :blink: Thanks and hope to find some.... :wave:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I have just started crocheting as well. I have a co-worker who is teaching me. However, this is a wonderful website that I refer to often. Wish I lived in the area we could crochet together! I finished my first scarf for my sisters Christmas present. It was very rewarding. Good luck to you. :wave:

Learn to Crochet: Lion Brand Yarn

FloridaBuckeye

Beach Lover
Sep 4, 2008
Are there any crochet groups in our area? I'm teaching myself and not very well! :lol: Was wondering if there were any informal groups of chat n stitch types around? :blink: Thanks and hope to find some.... :wave:

Not sure if they help with crocheting, but I know I have seen people in the Destin Yarn Shop just knitting. It is west of Silver Sands on the same side of the road.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
From my experience, knitters like to knit and crocheters like to crochet. They are quite different, like baking is different from cooking.

I haven't heard of local group, but if I do, I'll report it.

beachbliss48

Beach Comber
Jun 30, 2008
St. Rita's church has a sewing/knitting group that meets every Wednesday morning from 9-11:30am at St. Rita Catholic Church.