• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wish Me Luck!

New posts
CONGRATULATIONS!! :clap::clap:

I know you can do it! It's been 10 years now for me. It was, without a doubt, the hardest thing I have ever done. It took me a VERY long time to get over that hump, too. But it will eventually get better.

Good luck! :clap::clap:

Thank you and congratulations to you!

Good luck to you, my sweet friend!! I'll be pulling for you!!:clap::wub:

Thank you sweetie.......:wub:

:clap: Good Luck KDW! I am sending prayers & crossed fingers your way.

It is working.....YAY!

.
KDW - I'm glad you really want to do this! With that attitude and your buddies you will have a much better chance at success. Lung cancer took my Dad and brother..

So sorry about you Dad and brother Rita..Emphysema and COPD took my mother and grandfather. You would think that would have been enough to make me quit years ago. But, nicotine is a very addictive drug and you have to "hit your bottom" like with any other drug before you want to quit. I hit my bottom...and I am done.

It seems everyone responding knows you in some way. You are lucky to have such a great support group. I want to add my encouragement from afar even though I do not know you. I think they say nicotine is the most addictive substance. I have 3 sisters and 1 of my sisters smokes and I am encouraging her to quit. You are doing the greatest thing for your health. Have you seen the commercial where the guy puts a cigarette in his mouth and hijacks the car. It is about that need to smoke when you drive. We lost our wonderful mother to a carcinoma from smoking. She was 67 and we all know that if she was not a smoker she would be here to this day. Good luck!!! You can do it!!!!

:welcome: and thank you for these kind words. Some of the posters know me in "person" thanks to this wonderful online community. Others "know" me just from several years of us posting here. It is a wonderful group of people. So sorry about you mother. My mother was 64 when she passed. Way to early. If she had not smoked she would still be here today. I don't want my son to say that about me.....I hope your sister finds the strength to quit. She has to get there herself though because no one will quit until they are ready. I wish her luck.

Darlene! This is the happiest news I've read today! :clap:You can do this. You WILL do this. And about the other $$ that you're not spending on cigs, well, my friend who quit a few months ago (she was a BIG smoker), she spent the money on a Wii and her figure looks fantastic now! But I like the idea of sending it to SoWal, too. You'll pay for a lot more than half by giving up the smokes. Good job!

Thank Mermy! Kelly and I are going to use the $$ for a gym membership. I can't wait.

Good luck, I'll quit one day too. I just have to deal with the two most annoying people on earth and then I can quit.

These people literally make my psoriasis flare up.

SWGB, remember that you will always have stress in your life. It is how you chose to deal with that stress. For today, I chose not to smoke when I am faced with a stressful situation. It is a choice each of us have to make. I have learned this from the class that I am going to. If I used cigs to deal with every stressful situation that is going to happen in my life, I would never have quit. Take a walk, Take a deep breath, but choose not to smoke....I know it is easy for me to say that. But just think about other things that you can do besides smoke when you are faced with stressful situations.


40-50 bucks saved?

At least.

Best wishes for you choice for a healthier life. I know you'll have a great time spending that extra cash on vacation!

Thank you!

Feb 1st will be your lucky day!!! I've been quit 11 years and celebrate every FEb 1st with chocolate cake! Don't worry about weight gain, you might pick up a few pounds but you will soon feel so much better, have better lung function and will be able to enjoy more exercise. You can do it, you will do it, you will be a non smoker soon.

Congratulations to you as well...not worried about the weight because I will tackle that next.....I will be a "new" me before I turn 50!!!!

Good luck and call me if you have the urge to smoke and I will talk you into excercising instead!!!

My motivator....thank you Dan!
 
Crazy how you never notice how bad your clothes smell of nicotine until you no longer smoke. Every one said you could quit and you are. Be proud of yourself.
 
The phone call no mother wants to get...

Yesterday afternoon I get a call from Jesse screaming, crying "Mom, I had a wreck"! After I asked him if he was ok. I told him to call 911. I asked if any other cars were involved and he said no. I knew in my heart right where it happened. Big curve, by his high school. Wet roads, curve, going to fast, recipe for disaster. I arrived at the scene to a mob of people and rescue personnel. After I saw him, and hugged him and asked again if he was alright, I asked him how fast he was going. He said "too fast, I am sorry mom through his tears". I looked down in the ravine and almost lost it. That is when it sunk in to me how lucky he was.

State Trooper gave him a speech about how many parents he has had to tell that their kids did not make it. He said you are lucky. Do you understand now why we have speed limits? "Yes, sir" from Jesse. Enough said.

Car bought a few months ago....totaled.

A son that was scared to death, but alive.

Mom and dad scared to death.

Through it all, I did not smoke. :clap: Which, is why I posted this here. If I can get through something like this without smoking, then I for sure think I might have this licked. I was proud of myself. :wave:

p.s. Everyday, everyday right before Jesse walked out of this house I would say to him "Be careful, don't speed". Guess he thought, as he told me last night that nothing would ever happen. I am a firm believer that something good always come out of something bad. If this does nothing else but slow him and his friends down, then it was not in vain.....
 
Yesterday afternoon I get a call from Jesse screaming, crying "Mom, I had a wreck"! After I asked him if he was ok. I told him to call 911. I asked if any other cars were involved and he said no. I knew in my heart right where it happened. Big curve, by his high school. Wet roads, curve, going to fast, recipe for disaster. I arrived at the scene to a mob of people and rescue personnel. After I saw him, and hugged him and asked again if he was alright, I asked him how fast he was going. He said "too fast, I am sorry mom through his tears". I looked down in the ravine and almost lost it. That is when it sunk in to me how lucky he was.

State Trooper gave him a speech about how many parents he has had to tell that their kids did not make it. He said you are lucky. Do you understand now why we have speed limits? "Yes, sir" from Jesse. Enough said.

Car bought a few months ago....totaled.

A son that was scared to death, but alive.

Mom and dad scared to death.

Through it all, I did not smoke. :clap: Which, is why I posted this here. If I can get through something like this without smoking, then I for sure think I might have this licked. I was proud of myself. :wave:

p.s. Everyday, everyday right before Jesse walked out of this house I would say to him "Be careful, don't speed". Guess he thought, as he told me last night that nothing would ever happen. I am a firm believer that something good always come out of something bad. If this does nothing else but slow him and his friends down, then it was not in vain.....


Thank God he is alright and I am so proud of you. The last couple of times I quit before this one, someone in the family always died on me and I picked my smokes back up. I know now, that I don't have to have them to help me cope. That was a big test for you yesterday and you passed. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:
 
Kdwells, glad your son is ok. Hopefully this lesson will stick with him for life.

CONGRATULATIONS on not needing needing a cigarette to get you through it. It appears you are well on your way to being a non-smoker. Keep it up. Good luck. Keep yourself honest by continuing to post here on your progress.
 
I am the mother of 2 driving teenagers, and your story scares me to death. So very glad it was only the car that was damaged.

Keep up the good work... we're all rooting for you!! Sounds like you are winning the battle.
 
Kathy, I am so glad that your son is OK. Being a parent of 4 kids, I know what you went through and it is not easy. You just keep thinking how much worse it could have been but for the grace of God. I am also glad that you didn't light up. That is a testament to your will-power and proves to you that you can do anything once you set your mind to it. Even when tragedy strikes you are still in control. Continued good luck and again so very glad that your son is OK. Dan
 
Thank God your son is OK :wub:
The no smoking thing is a no brainer for you- you were always a strong woman.

Best in life to you :wave:
 
oh darlene!!!!!!! you and Jesse must have both felt so scared and relieved at the same time! I can't imagine. but most teens are going to have an auto incident of some kind - it scares the heck out of me to even think about it for my son (future driver), all my neices and nephews and all the driving teens I know and love!!! I am so glad he is okay. may the incident bring even more awareness into Jesse's driving safety!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top