iwishiwasthere
Beach Fanatic
I just saw this thread. You are doing an amazing thing and very well. Hang in there, and it will be worth the time and effort. Way to go!
I just saw this thread. You are doing an amazing thing and very well. Hang in there, and it will be worth the time and effort. Way to go!
IWIWT!
3 weeks yesterday nicotine free. I never imagined that I would say one day free and now here I am 3 weeks free. Notice I said free, yes free from the control of nicotine over me. 
Kdwells, glad your son is ok. Hopefully this lesson will stick with him for life.
CONGRATULATIONS on not needing needing a cigarette to get you through it. It appears you are well on your way to being a non-smoker. Keep it up. Good luck. Keep yourself honest by continuing to post here on your progress.
Yes, I am going to face stress for the rest of my life, we all are. We just have to decide how we are going to deal it. I am going to deal with it by not smoking.Thank God he is alright and I am so proud of you. The last couple of times I quit before this one, someone in the family always died on me and I picked my smokes back up. I know now, that I don't have to have them to help me cope. That was a big test for you yesterday and you passed. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![]()

I am the mother of 2 driving teenagers, and your story scares me to death. So very glad it was only the car that was damaged.
Keep up the good work... we're all rooting for you!! Sounds like you are winning the battle.
Kathy, I am so glad that your son is OK. Being a parent of 4 kids, I know what you went through and it is not easy. You just keep thinking how much worse it could have been but for the grace of God. I am also glad that you didn't light up. That is a testament to your will-power and proves to you that you can do anything once you set your mind to it. Even when tragedy strikes you are still in control. Continued good luck and again so very glad that your son is OK. Dan
oh darlene!!!!!!! you and Jesse must have both felt so scared and relieved at the same time! I can't imagine. but most teens are going to have an auto incident of some kind - it scares the heck out of me to even think about it for my son (future driver), all my neices and nephews and all the driving teens I know and love!!! I am so glad he is okay. may the incident bring even more awareness into Jesse's driving safety!
I just copied your post and sent it to Will- wow. I am so relieved Jesse is OK-
Jesse has an awesome mom- I bet he knows that though--;-)![]()

Glad he is okay and congrats on avoiding the nicotine.
Thank God Jesse is alright. Perhaps this will slow him down, a wreck will usually do it! Teenagers think nothing will happen to them and sometimes it takes something happening to them to open their eyes.
I'm so proud you did not pick up a cancer stick! Yay, for you. I have been thinking about you and wondered how it was going. Keep it up!
Oh, DD. So glad you have faith in me!!!Oh my gosh, Darlene! I am so glad Jesse's ok. I have had no doubt that you were going to succeed with the no smokee. I knew it in your first post.![]()

I know, my goal is to look like my avatars by the end of the summer. A certain wonderful doctor is gonna help me out with some Chantix. ;-)
Darlene, I almost cried when I read this! I am so glad Jesse was not hurt and that no one else was hurt! Expensive lesson for him!
Keep up your strength! I know you are determined and that is 99% of quitting smoking! Congratulations for passing this test; you will be fine!!
.
OK - my keyboard is sufficiently wet.
I too am copying and pasting this to my daughter.
One down for the school of hard knocks for Jesse. And a big congrats to you KDW!.
Darlene,
This literally made me weak in the knees when I read this. I'm sorry about his car. However, I am so happy he was able to walk away unscathed, except maybe his idea about his invincibility and his car. I know you all were scared to death! Rightfully so.
I am so proud of you for not smoking. If there was ever a test, you've passed it with flying colors. May the rest of your hurdles be small.
Give that boy a hug for me and tell him I am glad he's ok!

I just saw this thread. You are doing an amazing thing and very well. Hang in there, and it will be worth the time and effort. Way to go!
I haven't looked at this thread in a few days... Wow KDW! So glad your Jesse is okay and that you handled yourself so well. My son is 20 now and by the grace of God, we've never gotten 'that call'. It hasn't kept me from worrying about him though. I'm sure Jesse has learned a valuable life lesson and he'll be more careful in the future. All the best!![]()
Even though I haven't commented yet on your great trial of freedom from smoking, I have been following with interest. You have prevailed thus far and I'm so very proud of you. Hope it gives courage and inspiration to others who must also face the battles you have confronted with persistence and strength. Here's to continued victory in your battle.

