• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I did. You hate the resort feel of the area, that took off starting around 2000 and brought all the people, b/c you can't whisp down 30A now like you used to.... I get it. thanks for your viewpoint. Thanks for your honesty. You're after a speed limit cruise down 30A. I get it. I think its heading the other way, but maybe if a great depression really happens, you'll be able to wisk down 30A again only seeing tumbleweed.

I said we used to use it as a short cut. You are ASSuming the rest and living up to that age old definition.

Perhaps it would be best if you saddled up your ridiculous plastic cart and rode off into the sunset with nr-light side-caring in a hover round.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
What is LSV, some kinda' new crime show? Why is traffic on Peachtree only 20MPH? Aggervatin'!

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Since they are NOT lowering the speed limit on 30a to 35mph, what the hell are you babbling about here? This thread is like a train wreck, it derailed when it struck that dead horse twenty miles back... :roll:

This is probably the most succinct commentary on this whole thread. Please let the damn dead horse die! :bang:

SurferGirl

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2010
The cyclists aka "bicyclists", need to stay on the BIKE PATH. That is what what millions of dollars were spent for... people to ride their bicycles, whether you consider yourself a "professional" or not. However, if you want to get run over by drivers (which will probably be a tourist staring at something on Scenic 30a), then have at it and ride on the road. No, I cannot stand seeing spandex clad "cyclists" hogging the road when there is a BIKE PATH three feet away... more than angry, it makes me nervous that they are eventually going to get hit b/c a lot of people on 30a are tourists and are not paying attention. I'm a local so I'm always cautious of cyclists, but the next person from Wisconsin may not be. I honestly think if you ride your bike on the road and not the bike path that you are asking for it... nobody's fault but your own if you get hit.... sorry just my opinion.

SurferGirl

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2010
And one more thing... before a cyclist comes on here and blasts me for saying the above, please realize that we know that you don't ride on the bike path while on your bike b/c you get annoyed at all the slow tourista bicyclists,,.. and that is exactly how the thousands of cars that get stuck behind you on 30a feel when you are riding on the road.... and trust me you hold up a lot more traffic than you get held up if you used the bike path like you should.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The cyclists aka "bicyclists", need to stay on the BIKE PATH. That is what what millions of dollars were spent for... people to ride their bicycles, whether you consider yourself a "professional" or not. However, if you want to get run over by drivers (which will probably be a tourist staring at something on Scenic 30a), then have at it and ride on the road. No, I cannot stand seeing spandex clad "cyclists" hogging the road when there is a BIKE PATH three feet away... more than angry, it makes me nervous that they are eventually going to get hit b/c a lot of people on 30a are tourists and are not paying attention. I'm a local so I'm always cautious of cyclists, but the next person from Wisconsin may not be. I honestly think if you ride your bike on the road and not the bike path that you are asking for it... nobody's fault but your own if you get hit.... sorry just my opinion.

And one more thing... before a cyclist comes on here and blasts me for saying the above, please realize that we know that you don't ride on the bike path while on your bike b/c you get annoyed at all the slow tourista bicyclists,,.. and that is exactly how the thousands of cars that get stuck behind you on 30a feel when you are riding on the road.... and trust me you hold up a lot more traffic than you get held up if you used the bike path like you should.

This has nothing to do with cyclists. It's about LSV or Low Speed Vehicles. However robertsondavies will point out that you are somehow agreeing with us.

SurferGirl

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2010
This has nothing to do with cyclists. It's about LSV or Low Speed Vehicles. However robertsondavies will point out that you are somehow agreeing with us.

Well... in my opinion... a bicycle on 30a is a low speed vehicle... they are constantly holding up traffic and do not go the speed limit therefore i consider them an lsv.... and yes i am very much in agreement with 99% of the people on here about lowering the speed limit... it's stupid but not as stupid as the repaving being done that 30a did not need.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal

In the name of Darwin keep the spandexers on 30a. Let natural selection do its job.