• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
dunelaker-albums-other-places-picture5522-augusta-6-gate-sign.jpg

So, what gate are you going to try and crash to get in to see this year's Masters? Here's a potential prospect.

So, what gate are you going to try and crash to get in to see this year's Masters? Here's a potential prospect.
Hubby has friends who are members. He's played the course many times. Daddy had a membership, and when he died, Mom let it go. Back then it was easy to get a membership if you had the money. Money is not the "in" now. There's a list.

The next best choice is to rent the home of one of those members who hate all of the out-of-towners, leave town, and make a profit off of it. You rent a package consisting of their home, a catering service for food, a maid service for cleanup, and a number of badges. They charge enough so that if you misbehave and have their badges confiscated, they make a profit. As far as the Masters goes, they've been there, done that. And they're usually in their retirement years, so the huge extra income is worth the risk,

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Hubby has friends who are members. He's played the course many times. Daddy had a membership, and when he died, Mom let it go. Back then it was easy to get a membership if you had the money. Money is not the "in" now. There's a list.

The next best choice is to rent the home of one of those members who hate all of the out-of-towners, leave town, and make a profit off of it. You rent a package consisting of their home, a catering service for food, a maid service for cleanup, and a number of badges. They charge enough so that if you misbehave and have their badges confiscated, they make a profit. As far as the Masters goes, they've been there, done that. And they're usually in their retirement years, so the huge extra income is worth the risk,

Politely removed from the course - and they do rescind the owners' badges and tickets! I've seen it happen. Oh, and that guy who tried counterfeiting the badges! He might still be in the pokey. :blink:

Politely removed from the course - and they do rescind the owners' badges and tickets! I've seen it happen. Oh, and that guy who tried counterfeiting the badges! He might still be in the pokey. :blink:
You're right. Like I said, I guess for the owner, the money is worth the risk. I love their homes and being treated royally. Waking up and finding an array of breakfast food, returning from a day of watching golf and seeing great appetizers and a bartender. It's better than being at a cottage at the Cloister or the Greenbrier.:love:

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Tiger has his own 'ticker' on ESPN. Last night watching the race, the bottom ticker that gives all the sports updates, had one especially for Tiger. WTF?

Masters......MLB......NFL......NASCAR......NBA........Tiger?

:dunno:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Tiger has his own 'ticker' on ESPN. Last night watching the race, the bottom ticker that gives all the sports updates, had one especially for Tiger. WTF?

Masters......MLB......NFL......NASCAR......NBA........Tiger?

:dunno:

He impresses me none at this point. The propaganda with the Nike commercial, while creative at its core, was simply over the top. I wonder how much money he is making by acquiescing on ads like this. In my opinion, Tiger is now playing his life like a game. The speech by Billy Payne (unexpected) was heartful, yet uncalled for at this tournament; however, this is a privately chartered club and they can do whatever they want. If he wins the 2010 Masters, is his slate wiped clean? Nope!

Golf is golf and men who cheat are men who cheat (women, as well). That sums it up.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Sometimes human beings are just plain mean - an airplane banner to give a sarcastic message to Tiger as he returns to the game?...
Sports > Image >

Tiger is a great golfer and he's back. If people don't appreciate his achievements on the golf course I suggest they find something and someone else to focus on.

Welcome back Tiger. :D Good for you for being out there.

Last edited:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Been a strange week! That airplane thing was also over the top. I guess they have all topped one another......or, at least tried!