• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sbw

Beach Comber
Sep 21, 2007
Now that it's been open a few weeks, has anyone found reliable transportation from the new airport to 30A?

Taxi's, shuttles? Anyone actually tried some form of transport and found it to be reliable? Other ideas?

A close-in airport is great. Getting out of the airport and onto the beach, even better!

Studio ce

Beach Comber
Jan 12, 2010
Seagrove
facebook.com
Need a Ride?

Now that it's been open a few weeks, has anyone found reliable transportation from the new airport to 30A?

Taxi's, shuttles? Anyone actually tried some form of transport and found it to be reliable? Other ideas?

A close-in airport is great. Getting out of the airport and onto the beach, even better!

Crown Limousin & Resort Transportation Services!
850-258-3665
Great Prices!
Great Service!!
Give them a Call and your worries are over!:clap:

Your best bet is to rent a vehicle at the airport for the duration of your vacation. The cost of a ride just one way to 30a is more then a couple of days of car rental. Hardly cost effective. :wave:

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
I am very interested in additional transportation options from the airport to 30-A. My daughter-in-law with our 5-yr. old granddaughter is coming in next week. We store a vehicle in BMB & need one way transportation. I'll call Crown Limo service & post details in a few days & would like more options.

Tom

sbw

Beach Comber
Sep 21, 2007
Just to clarify

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll call the limo service and see what their rates are.

To clarify our situation a bit - like the other poster and many others, I'm sure - we keep a car on 30A and are really just looking for one way taxi service. I'd rather not have to spend precious Sowal time running the rental car back and forth.

Are there cabs that you can just hail from the airport, or do you have to make advance arrangements?

Seems so odd to have an airport without any convenient way to get out of it.

Thanks for any additional suggestions or insight.

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll call the limo service and see what their rates are.

To clarify our situation a bit - like the other poster and many others, I'm sure - we keep a car on 30A and are really just looking for one way taxi service. I'd rather not have to spend precious Sowal time running the rental car back and forth.

Are there cabs that you can just hail from the airport, or do you have to make advance arrangements?

Seems so odd to have an airport without any convenient way to get out of it.

Thanks for any additional suggestions or insight.

SBW,

I just checked Crown Limo and they quoted me $2.50 per mile with an approx. # @ $85.00 to BMB. This seems excessive!!:yikes: I'll check more sources in the next few days & post competitive rates.

Tom

transportation to and from airport

Im calling my insurance tomorrow to see how much it would cost for me to add this to my concierge service. Helping Hands Destin.com. Andi:D

SBW,

I just checked Crown Limo and they quoted me $2.50 per mile with an approx. # @ $85.00 to BMB. This seems excessive!!:yikes: I'll check more sources in the next few days & post competitive rates.

Tom

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
Interesting dilemma for one way ECP airport transportation to 30-A.:angry:
It's 33 miles from the new ECP airport to my place in BMB. Here's what I found.

Airport Transportation (850) 685-3586 @ $70.00

Crown Limo (850) 258-3665 quoted $81.00 with a 10% discount @ $71.00

Checker Cab (850) 654-9744 quoted $2.50 per mile based on 33 miles @ $82.50

In my opinion these rates seem excessive. I would feel more comfortable paying $1.50 per mile, but :bang: Maybe I should call up a 30-A realtor and tell them I am buying a million dollar property and need a ride.:funn:
Tom