• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]From the WZEP home page- I heard about this a few weeks ago, but WZEP has it listed today.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Vacant - Principal, South Walton High School - to be advertised [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]David Preast - Assistant Principal - South Walton High School [/FONT]

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I'm confused. I thought David Preast was going to be the new principal?

That's what I thought too. Not everyone subscribes to WZEP so I thought I would share the news. I am sure someone in the know will let us know the deal.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
What happened to Mr. Ewing?

Haven't seen official reports, but heard he will be working at the district office in DeFuniak. Maybe Mark Davis can let us know the latest plan for SWHS? I have heard some things, but started this thread so we can get some valid information, as I have not seen anything in the papers. Then again, I have been busy, so I might have missed an announcement.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm confused. I thought David Preast was going to be the new principal?

Well the school board isn't the TDC so perhaps they'll actually do a search for a new Principal as opposed to just handing it to the next person.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
The offices are shut down this week according to Ashely, who covers our school beat. Ewing was moved to the main office in DeFuniak. The scuttlebutt I hear is the principal from Freeport is a contender to be moved to SoWal, but that is not confirmed and as I said only scuttlebutt. :dunno:

They canceled the meeting that was supposed to be this week and held it last week according to Ashley as well. As soon as they open back up, we will get something put together with the changes for everyone.

There is an update on their budget in this week's edition of The Herald/ Breeze.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thanks Alicia- the news hit the kids' Facebook pages awhile as soon as school was out, then we heard nothing else.