• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Would you frequent a gay bar if one opened on 30A?

Where do you think the best location would be?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I don't frequent bars. However, i would love to have some drinks in a gay bar any time. why not? we have had many drinks in gay bars over the years - and its always a fun time. Usually, we didn't know it was a gay bar right away. Which is even better. I don't think I would appreciate it as much if it was screaming GAY bar before you even entered.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Dang straight! Cute man types and cheap drinks! Drag shows, yes; forget bingo. Usually gay bars attract straight man types because of the cute girls hangin' out. Could be a great set up, Scooterbug, except Granny always said, "Nothing good happens after Midnight!" And, "You won't meet your husband in a bar."

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I'm not a young single man, but couldn't imagine a straight man going to a gay bar with the intention of trying to pick up chicks.

I personally would not go to a bar knowing its intended clientele was gay folks. As a straight man, what would be the point?