• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Android is the operating system Lynnie and it does sound like a battery issue. The best of the droid phones is either the Evo or Envy. I researched the possibilities and decided on the iPhone 4. Its pretty amazing, I wish I could show you all the features! :)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Samsung couldn't make a good cell phone if there reputations counted on it, luckily they don't have much of one in this department.

You should be able to return it within so many days and minutes (of usage) for another model.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
You know? I charged it last night from my laptop while I was doing my music thing. Maybe that wasn't a good charge? It seems to be holding a charge now.

Do Y'all know if charging from battery is not as strong perhaps?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
When using the phone, which is what you were doing copying music over, the charge takes longer. You're better off using the wall charger.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Thanks. I'm gonna give it a couple of days, then. I think that was it.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I hear people talking about the "Droid" phone as though there is only one. Droid is a generic name for any brand phone which can work on the Google Droid platform. Each brand and model of phone will be different.

Actually Droid is a model name of a specific phone while there are several phones running the Android OS. There is no such thing as the Droid platform. There are several versions of the Droid model being Droid, Droid2, and DroidX last time I looked.

Go into the settings of the phone and there is an app that will tell you what is killing the battery. Having apps open does not kill the battery unless they are doing something. GPS, Wifi, and even the phone itself if it is not getting a strong signal will kill the thing. I finally gave up and just bought a dock for the house, the office, and the car so I can keep the thing charged.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Don't bother with the after market bigger batteries either. I one and you have to constantly plug and unplug the charger to charge it up. Apparently the charger is 'smart' and stops charging after a specified maximum amount of time.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
When using the phone, which is what you were doing copying music over, the charge takes longer. You're better off using the wall charger.

That's true, but it's because you are putting a drain on the battery at the same time you are trying to charge it. A charge is a charge is a charge if you are not using the phone while doing it. The wall charger steps the juice down to the same level as a USB cable.

Lynnie...you most likely have a bad battery. A full charge followed by an immediate crash is a great indicator of that. There is probably a bad cell within the batter. Take it back to the store and have them swap it out.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Charge is great now. My email are getting hung up, too. I have to power off, then on to get email to refresh and send new.....not that I need to be that connected, but just sayin'......you know?

wrobert, I need help - how do I find which app is the drain or issue?