• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Lots of people clapping, but it was muted- more people had on gloves and mittens this year! I heard "thud"sounds coming from hands!:lol:

Thanks John, Justin, Jim P, and crew for another great Mountainfilm- it is their talent and vision that makes this such a cool event. Loved Eastern Rises last night- I don't fly fish, but boy those guys make it look fun (and funny). Loved it almost as much as Red Gold- my favorite Felt Soul Media film.

Felt Soul Media

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
It was a magical event! The lights, the fires, seeing friends, and finding the message in each film. I've already read more about the films - found out more about Tapachula (they have a facebook page btw), found how to download the petition Surfrider talked about (linked it to my fb page) and most importantly I found out why mice apparently enter the water so readily and end up becoming food for trout!!

The only disappointment for me, was that several people failed to pick up their trash (cups, plates, napkins). And that was with a reminder! For shame!

Oh and perhaps the mittens muffled the applause - I know I clapped furiously and made no sound whatsoever lol.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Wonderful as always! The final film was hysterical.

My only complaint would be the 'food and wine pavilion'. Chan's you apparently aimed low and then dropped the ball about 10 feet short. Please please please let WaterColor take over the concessions again next year.

yes, we need good Mountainfilm food and drink. Wine and cheese tasting doesn't cut it - there was very little food for tasting (at least after 6:30 I found just cheese and crackers - and was limited to two), and seemed out of place. I needed real food but we had to wait until after the show started to get near the front of the line. BYOB & food would have been the best thing to do this year.

Otherwise, the event was a huge success. We truly enjoyed seeing everyone and huddling up under blankets to watch seriously good film.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I had a great time at the 2 nights of Watercolor MountainFilm and the 1 night at the Seaside Rep.
Thanks to John R for making it possible!

So many great films! I am now even more obsessed with plastic packaging and pissed off that (once again) lobbyists and corporations are actively working against our health.

Felt nickeled and dimed at Watercolor - I started out (somewhat) okay with the price increase, then lost whatever sympathy I had when they added taxes and advance ticket fees on top of the jacked up prices.

Last edited:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Felt nickeled and dimed at Watercolor - I started out (somewhat) okay with the price increase, then lost whatever sympathy I had when they added taxes and advance ticket fees on top of the jacked up prices.

I believe it would have been cheaper to pay list price in cash at the gate than to buy the discounted tickets online and then get the service fee tacked on.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I believe it would have been cheaper to pay list price in cash at the gate than to buy the discounted tickets online and then get the service fee tacked on.

Unless they had sold out, in which cash you are standing in the cold with cash.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Have they ever sold out? :dunno:

Advertised prices should be what things cost - tired of the add-ons.

As the "processing fees" continue to go up, I question just what those fees are for - pretty sure the computer doing the work does not require a salary.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
IIRC, the online ticket brokerage got $6 a head. Of course, they routed my purchase price to Mountain Film (but we don't know if there was some skimming of that) and offered me the web page to print my ticket. Someone on their staff had to do some setup on the ticket-buyer web page and the system for transferring the money, but I'd expect they have tools that make it pretty much boilerplate. I understand that MountainFilm probably wouldn't have the resources to set this all up themselves and I don't begrudge the ticket broker making a buck.

But in the end, it seems that the ticket buyer should actually come out ahead for buying in advance.