• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SarahR

Beach Comber
Feb 2, 2011
Hello all,
We are taking the plunge and leaving big city (Atlanta) life for the beauty and character we have loved visiting for years.

Any suggestions on family neighborhoods for long term rentals and good elementary schools? Our son will be 5 in August and starting Kindergarten. Oh and I need a job too.. .nonprofit management for 8 years is my most recent experience but I am up for any good opportunities.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Sarah

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
:welcome:Good luck on your move to paradise!

wjkeith12

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Sarah, did you end up moving to SoWal? My husband and I are considering it - and have been for years - but I am nervous about starting a new adventure and leaving our old life behind. I would love to know how it's gone for you. I also have a son about your age and would love to know your experience with the schools.

sdenly

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Hi Sarah,
My husband and I are also moving to the area this Spring-hopefully by April. I have a little boy who is also 5 and will start school in the fall. Looking at Bay Elementary. We will be living over in Seacrest beach. Have you tried Truila.com for housing? Would loved to meet up for lunch sometime as we don't really know anyone else in the area.
Sheryl

We plan to move to South Walton as well when we retire. Our only child and her husband live in Midtown ATL, close to his research lab at Georgia Tech where he is writing his Ph.D. dissertation. She has a very successful wedding photography business in ATL and actually all over the U.S. due to being one of the "bees" on eHarmony's wedding website. If they stay in ATL after he gets his doctorate, we plan to buy a condo in ATL and sell Lagniappe, our big house in GA.

Please keep all of us ATL refugees informed about your transition. It would be greatly appreciated.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Hello all,
We are taking the plunge and leaving big city (Atlanta) life for the beauty and character we have loved visiting for years.

Any suggestions on family neighborhoods for long term rentals and good elementary schools? Our son will be 5 in August and starting Kindergarten. Oh and I need a job too.. .nonprofit management for 8 years is my most recent experience but I am up for any good opportunities.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Sarah

Wonderful schools - public and private - all the way around! Can't go wrong.

Good luck!