• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Anyone know a good one?
Long story longer... 6 years ago I wiped out on my bike, driving the sprocket into my ankle, spraining the ankle and getting a staph infection. There was cartilage damage and I had to have surgery. The other day, I re-injured it :bang:and need someone to check it out if the numbness does not subside soon.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
I was extremely happy with Orthopaedic Associates on 98 right around the Walton/Okaloosa county line. Dr. Agostinelli is the ankle man--I was very happy with him and the repair work he did on me.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I was extremely happy with Orthopaedic Associates on 98 right around the Walton/Okaloosa county line. Dr. Agostinelli is the ankle man--I was very happy with him and the repair work he did on me.

thank you Ken!

Also, Dr. Macey, Orthopedic Associates, Destin, Niceille and Fort Walton Beach.
recommended by a friend who has had achilles surgery by Macey.

Last edited:

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
Agostinelli did a good job on healing my stress fractured foot; Glenn told me I had a "classic case of torn miniscus(sp?)" in my knee, rushed my in for microsurgery, and then told me (to my face) that "I had the knees of a 20-year-old....at 40.....and charged me $3000 for a classic misdiagnosis! Maybe he's gotten better over the years.......

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
Dr. Markowskit is great! I had 2 displaced fractures in my ankle and his surgery for this injury was impeccable. He has an office in Bluewater Bay and also, another at Sacred Heart Medical building. Hope you haven't reinjured your ankle, good luck!

Crazy K

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2008
SRB/Franklin, NC
Agostinelli did a good job on healing my stress fractured foot; Glenn told me I had a "classic case of torn miniscus(sp?)" in my knee, rushed my in for microsurgery, and then told me (to my face) that "I had the knees of a 20-year-old....at 40.....and charged me $3000 for a classic misdiagnosis! Maybe he's gotten better over the years.......
My primary doctor has recommended Dr. Agostinelli for bunion surgery. Do you know if he can perform surgery at Sacred Heart? I had a similar experience with Glenn. He said he "might" be able to fix my rotator cuff. That's when I hi-tailed it to B'ham.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks Guys. It is so confusing trying to find the right doc. Dr. Markowitz did do our son's arm when he broke it. I thought about going to Bham to Lemak's group but then I have to be in Bham for awhile and transfer stuff back an forth (though I do trust them completely).
It sounds like Dr. A is getting the "most votes" and is closest. I'll probably at least consult there and decide what to do after that.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
My primary doctor has recommended Dr. Agostinelli for bunion surgery. Do you know if he can perform surgery at Sacred Heart? I had a similar experience with Glenn. He said he "might" be able to fix my rotator cuff. That's when I hi-tailed it to B'ham.

Dr. A is in the Sacred Heart med building on Hwy 98, west of McDonalds, and across from Emerald Bay/car wash (36500 US Hwy 98).