• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Goddessgal

Beach Lover
Mar 28, 2007
Florida!
Amaretto, believe me --- you're preaching to the choir! I'm also on annual contract.... I was trying to provide information to those who are unfamiliar to the process.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Didn't mean to offend. I have children at Bay and wanted to know the teachers affected.

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
as someone who would LOVE to move to the area in part due to the great public school system this really is sad. i'd love for my son to be able to grow up in this area.it would be nice if the teachers/families could push back in some way- ageism etc. but in this climate challenges can be difficult.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't think ageism works when they're basing cuts on you working there less than 4 years.

And our school system is still pretty good - it isn't like we have 44 schools and hundreds of teachers cheating on standardized tests ala Atlanta.

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It is time for South Walton parents to kick it in gear and get involved in their schools. Parents from Bay, Butler, Seaside, Emerald Coast, and SWHS need to get together and work on a plan for what is important and necessary for our students in SoWal. I don't know how to make this happen- but it needs to happen. Immediately.