• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
We arrived last night (after much rain & many accidents & stand still traffic.) Woke up in heaven, though! :) Getting some groceries, then heading out to the beach. Staying in a new place this year, & the house is so nice, with that perfect beachy feel! I'll try to post as we go! Have a great day, SoWallers!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
This could have been my post from last weekend. LOL!! Get out of that store and hit the beach!!!

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Beautiful day at the beach, seagrass and all! Sun, surf & Frozen Pomegranate Margaritas!! No major sunburns, great success!!:D

Now we're getting ready for a dinner of Grilled Margarita Chicken, Grilled Corn with Lime Butter with cilantro & cayenne, and some Spanish Rice. Also, Watermelon Mojitos!

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Tuesday:
Forgot to mention that we had some Angelina's pizza the first night & the supreme was delicious! Since it was raining yesterday, we shopped in PCB @ Pier Park & then had lunch @ Shades on the way back to 30-A. The wings were good & the Chicken Jalapeno Wraps were loved by the others in the group. That evening, the guys grilled some New York Strips (so good), & we made baked potatoes & salad for dinner. No "fun cocktails" that night, just beer! ;) Dessert was Brownies & Ice Cream. After dinner we played Buzz Word, in which the Sirens(girls) beat the Spitting Cobras(guys) once again! Fun day, despite the rain!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Monica, I should have waited and come with you!! Good reports!!

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Love your report! I love Angelina's pizza!! We usually order it out the night of our arrival so no one has to shop for groceries or cook until the next day! Have you tried the new Grayton Beer yet? I am going to pick some up when I get there! :D

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Wednesday brought more rain in the morning, but when it started clearing we went out to the beach. In the late afternoon, the girls did our annual Big Mama's Hula Gallery Stop & picked up a few treasures, then we stopped at the Zoo Gallery (great store with hilariously inappropriate cards), went to the Red Bar (but they were closed-hope to get back before we leave) & then had a snack at Shorty's Surfside & Topside (wonderful Fried Asparagus topped with crab & shrimp) & some VERY HOT wings (yum!) with a Pina Colada! For diner, it was a simple night: Spaghetti with ground turkey & bacon, salad, & garlic bread. Dessert was a Lemon cake one of the girls made. A couple of the guys in our group went on a fishing charter out of Destin & caught a bunch Mahi-Mahi & some Milo (?) that we will be eating tonight along with our steamed shrimp from Goatfeathers (LOVE that!) The rain has not interrupted our fun, & the times it was very heavy it's been nice to just relax. Have a great day!