• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dadleyblane5

Beach Comber
Dec 30, 2011
NOtdeadyet had said way up this list that "the good ole boy system was at work".....NDY that's been going on for years..

Diamond Dave

Banned
Mar 6, 2011
Seagrove
I was told something today (that if true and I suspect it is) ...puts a whole nother spin on this land deal and Scott Brannon's participation in it. George Ralph Miller was married once before and has a daughter from that marriage who just happens to be Scott Brannons wife.

It is my understanding that Brannon is single. That is why it was so humorous when he used his "family time" as an excuse in the BCC Meetings for not being prepared to discuss the findings of the report by the attorney firm.

I don't think connecting the dots in all of this is going to be that easy. Miller was put out on his own by all the others involved in hopes that this whole drama would simply go away. No one counted on citizens rising up and crying FOUL.

Not sure which is true but I do not want to get into dragging familys into a discussion.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
It is my understanding that Brannon is single. That is why it was so humorous when he used his "family time" as an excuse in the BCC Meetings for not being prepared to discuss the findings of the report by the attorney firm.

I don't think connecting the dots in all of this is going to be that easy. Miller was put out on his own by all the others involved in hopes that this whole drama would simply go away. No one counted on citizens rising up and crying FOUL.

Not sure which is true but I do not want to get into dragging familys into a discussion.

His brother is married to George Ralph Millers wife's daughter.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I think a chart showing all the different connections (business and family) would help people understand just how interconnected and symbiotic most of the BCC transactions and contracts are.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
When being introduced to people in the central part of the county, I found it to be common to be asked "who are your people?" In other words, who are you related to, kind of like the Mayflower decendents. My people are from New Jersey does not go over well...... To be "in" you have to be related somehow, thus the "good ole boy" system.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

I feel that if you are an elected official there isn't much about your life that isn't under public scrutiny...hence you should always conduct yourself as if someone were watching. Chances are, someone probably is.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Is George Ralph Miller missing in action??

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/lawsuit-46776-public-chat.html#ixzz1jvZbbJGY

[h=1]Lawsuit seeks public records on Chat Holley land sale (DOCUMENT)[/h][h=2]The complaint states that former Walton County Attorney George Ralph Miller has not turned over documents[/h]
January 17, 2012 7:34 PM

TOM McLAUGHLIN / Daily News

DeFUNIAK SPRINGS —A lawsuit has been filed to compel former Walton County Attorney George Ralph Miller to turn over public records relating to the controversial Chat Holley Road land deal.
The complaint, filed by attorney Matt Gaetz on behalf of Suzanne Harris, seeks an immediate hearing.
The complaint claims Miller, who worked as special counsel to the Walton County Commission during the Chat Holley deal, has said publicly he holds records pertaining to the deal.
Gaetz claims the records could “absolve or incriminate members of the county government regarding their involvement in the Chat Holley transaction.”
“These are the documents Mrs. Harris seeks,” the lawsuit said.
The lawsuit alleges Miller has failed to turn the records over in a timely fashion and accuses him of failing to respond to inquiries only seeking to learn whether he has received the public records request.
Gaetz said Monday that he’s been frustrated even trying to locate Miller to serve him with court papers.
“Nobody can find him,” Gaetz said.
The lawsuit quotes Section 119.07(1)(c) of Florida Statutes, stating “a custodian of public records and his or her designee must acknowledge requests to inspect or copy records promptly and respond to such requests in good faith.”
The complaint states there is no basis under Florida law, including lawyer-client privilege, “which limits or excuses Attorney Miller’s obligation to produce the records.”
The lawsuit again cites state law in noting that the immediate hearing sought by Gaetz is to receive “priority over other pending cases.”
Harris’ original lawsuit alleges the county failed to prevent “illegal and unlawful activities” surrounding the Chat Holley land deal in which developer Lloyd Blue made $345,000 and, some have contended, sold the county land it already owned.
The County Commission retained Miller to negotiate the land purchase with Blue. The lawsuit claims Miller was retained illegally and that he and Blue had done business together in the past.
It seeks, among other things, to have Miller return funds he made while working for the county on the Chat Holley sale.
Miller, who could not be reached for comment Tuesday, has referred to Harris’ lawsuit as “Suzanne Harris trying to smear somebody.”

Read more: http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/lawsuit-46776-public-chat.html#ixzz1jw8sy5ya

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Bump! ;)

Rumor has it GRM been located.

Last edited: