• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
Mrs. Anderson asks not to be judged by "individual decisions" but sometimes individual decisions define a person's character. She seems to be taking all the credit for the work of teachers and other good people. And I seriously doubt that F-Cat scores paint a complete picture.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I understand that Walton Academy, the charter school for at risk kids is run by a private company, the Rader Group aka BTR, Inc. I also understand that the charter is up for renewal in May or June. Carlene Anderson recently received a $500 contribution from BTR and a $100 contribution from an officer in that company. What a splendid gesture!

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I'm registered to vote as a Republican in Walton County. I'm also a mom. Mrs. Ragle has a positive message and she has responded to personal attacks with dignity and respect. I want the best for my children and all the children in our county. I also want hard working teachers to feel that they have a voice and not have to feel intimidated. We vote for our school board on a non-partisan basis. I think it's time that we quit electing all of our county officials strictly along party lines. It certainly won't have any effect on the balance of power in Washington.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Well, the election is over and the reign of terror in the school district will continue as expected. Obviously it isn't possible for a qualified Democrat to win any office in Walton County. The fear that teachers feel is really sad. My wife, it appears, will never teach in Walton County again and when I asked her to go to the meet and greet for Mrs. Ragle, she was hesitant. She was literally afraid to go, but she did. She plans to keep applying for teaching jobs but I think she knows that the Walton School District has no use for an over 50 former teacher with over 30 years experience, and great student results. The School District needs "consultants" like an energy guru more than the best teachers.

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
There's no doubt the retaliation will begin against Mrs. Ragle and her "known" supporters. I feel for all of the teachers and adminisrtative staff, all of the ones I know are both worried about their jobs and are miserable because of Anderson and her cronies. We'll see what Andersons true colors are. If she does retaliate aginst anyone I hope they have their documentation in order, and have the resources to file a lawsuit.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
There's no doubt the retaliation will begin against Mrs. Ragle and her "known" supporters. I feel for all of the teachers and adminisrtative staff, all of the ones I know are both worried about their jobs and are miserable because of Anderson and her cronies. We'll see what Andersons true colors are. If she does retaliate aginst anyone I hope they have their documentation in order, and have the resources to file a lawsuit.

I think a lawsuit is unlikely. Sovereign immunity limits the districts liability to $100,000 and I doubt that you could find a good attorney to take the case for a percentage of that amount. There's a lot more money to be made chasing ambulances. I know a number of teachers that have a compelling cause of action for discrimination as well as breach of the collective bargaining agreement but the education law is written in such a way that discrimination is legal since no reason is required for nonrenewal of annual contract teachers. I'm sure Sen. Gaetz, one of Mrs. Anderson's donors (and crony) would agree that's what was intended. Article 11.5 of the collective bargaining agreement states that non-renewed annual contract teachers will receive "first consideration" for teaching positions when they become available. I have plenty of documentation that this was breached and I've called it to the attention to the board, superintendent, and the union and they don't even have the decency to respond. Obviously I've become a pest to the school district and I'm sure my wife is the target of retribution since she's applied for at least 100 jobs over a period of two years. But Mrs. Anderson boasts of the district being an A plus district according to some flawed system and that's all that counts to some people.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
The morning after her failed bid to become the next superintendent of Walton County schools, Rosemary Ragle says she was asked to resign during a private conversation with newly re-elected Superintendent Carlene Anderson.

The long-time educator and current school district administrator said she was sitting in her office Wednesday morning when three men who work for the district came in and said she needed to speak to Anderson while they changed the lock on her door.

Rather than go straight to Anderson’s office, Ragle said she sat down in the lobby of the building and tried to compose herself. She said she was in shock as she watched the workers rekey the door.
After they finished, one of the men again asked her to go see Anderson, but Ragle said she requested more time.

A few minutes later, Anderson came to Ragle and asked the others to leave.

Anderson and Ragle confirm that sequence of events, but what came next is disputed.

Ragle says Anderson “stood over me and she demanded my resignation.”

Anderson said that’s not true.

“I did not tell her to resign,” Anderson said. “Unequivocally I did not say, 'resign’.”

Anderson, who was elected Tuesday to her third term, said she’s had school district employees run against her before and none of them lost their jobs because it.

She declined to comment on the details of the conversation, citing personnel privacy issues. But Ragle said Anderson accused her of insubordination multiple times.

“I told her that I could not give her an answer because I had the right to at least contemplate my options before I made a decision,” Ragle said. “That is when she told me she could put me anywhere and have me do any kind of duty, and I would have to do it.”

Anderson denied threatening Ragle in such a way. She said she initiated the conversation in order to speak with Ragle about a change in her job description because of a pending retirement. She said Ragle was one of seven employees who were told Wednesday their job descriptions would change.

Rather than having Ragle’s immediate supervisor bring the news, as was done with the other employees, Anderson opted to speak with her first.

“Because we had been candidates together I felt that she deserved some explanation,” Anderson said.

It never got that far, but if it had Anderson said she planned to explain that she had known the retirement was coming for a while, but postponed making any changes until after the election so Ragle could handle it as she saw fit if she was elected.

When Ragle wasn’t, Anderson said she wanted to implement the plan immediately.

The future of the dispute remains unclear. Ragle, who said she has consulted an attorney, took the rest of Wednesday off and said she wasn’t certain what would happen next.

“I expected to be shunned by the district office," Ragle said. "I expected to be lowered, but did I expect that? I sure didn’t.”

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
I am disgusted that Mrs. (not Dr) Anderson won...particularly by the margin she did. Thank Goodness there are private school options in South Walton County. I encourage parents to vote with their feet if at all possible (some schools offer scholarships). if the D and R where reversed, Mrs. Ragle would have won, without changing a single position. When are we going to forget about the party and vote for the person?

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
As usual Anderson is lying to try and cover her butt. I hope she gets sued for retaliation, because that's exactly what it is. This is another good reason the School Superintendent should not be an elected position. I still can't believe Walton County citizens put this lying, unethical piece of crap back in office.