• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
just curious as over the yrs i've heard the walk to the beach from water sound west is 10 mins or more as theres no direct access from the neighborhood and you must wall around it?

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Welcome!

To answer the question - WaterSOund West has a boardwalk to the beach. It is a bit of a hike but so beautiful.

DestinDeb

Beach Lover
Sep 28, 2012
Hi mbo222. We've been here on WSWB on the lake for 3 weeks. We love it. We're on Tumblehome Way. Are you across the pond from us? Are you here full time?

just curious as over the yrs i've heard the walk to the beach from water sound west is 10 mins or more as theres no direct access from the neighborhood and you must wall around it?
There is direct access to the beach from the neighborhood. It takes 8 minutes for someone with plantar fasciitis and a torn meniscus. I'm sure than someone who isn't crippled by running too much could do it faster.

Last edited:

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Alaqua Unleashed "Bark Park" is a leash free dog park. It's about 10 to 15 minutes west of Watersound on J.D. Miller Road. J.D. Miller is the first road off Hwy 98 west after the 331 intersection A good place for Jet to socialize with other dogs, as well a place to meet other dog lovers.