• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
..... the permanent pedestrian bridges are built for the Western Lake bike path which would be the end result for the safety issue.

Also, kudos to Commissioner Meadows for her comments at the recent TDC meeting that I just read on the Walton Sun site. One, thanks for being there and thanks for understanding that taking care of the infrastructures must begin to take precedence at this time over stuffing more bodies onto our beaches and roadways. It will be good to know that now some of the TDC funds will be used for the enrichment of the infrastructure.
Well, said.

To the powers that be, please don't 4-lane 30A.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
....golfers but there were a lot of posts on this thread that tried to make it that issue. This was all about making for a safer and more enjoyable experience on the bike path for our Guests and Citizens of South Walton.

You are also right that the BCC deserves a loud Thank You for finding a rational solution to this safety issue. It is refreshing to know that our elected officials will listen and find solutions to problems.

For me this is enough on this issue. Addressed and resolved.

Now let's move on to addressing the next big issue.... like keeping golf carts off of 30-A!!!!

Unfortunately, you can't keep street legal golf carts off 30A. What we can do is make sure that no multipath trail is built that would allow any golf cart on it. These would include the ones driven by kids without driver's licenses. Strict enforcement of the requirements for street legal golf carts should be done by the sheriff's office. I put golf carts on the 30A roadway in the same category as bicycles. I can wait until it is safe to pass them. There is not an overabundance of them anyway and certainly not at this time of the year.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
The only way to keep street legal carts off 30a is by keeping the speed limit at 45 and enforcing the laws.

People will lose their interest in them once they find out they are not a vehicle one is allowed to operate while intoxicated, underage, overloaded, and without a seatbelt.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
The only way to keep street legal carts off 30a is by keeping the speed limit at 45 and enforcing the laws.

People will lose their interest in them once they find out they are not a vehicle one is allowed to operate while intoxicated, underage, overloaded, and without a seatbelt.

I believe the City of Lynn Haven passed an ordinance banning carts from city streets including areas near the golf courses.

Graytonranger1

Beach Comber
Mar 7, 2014
If you've all noticed the FED and county law enforcement have been periodically giving tickets to speeders in this area, all have been locals to my knowledge, are they going to make the tourist adhere to the new speed. Probably not.