• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I would expect the signal to be more expensive - the signal itself and the utility work I guess, but 400K does seem like a lot.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
I can't believe this county would allow the fire dept. to stage their boot collection campaign this week-end!! How stupid is that. Took my wife nearly 45 minutes to go from Camp Creek Lake ( home ) to the 395/30a intersection this morning. Needless to say she will be very late opening the gallery in Seaside, for which I'm sure she will take some grief from tourists. With all the complaints about this intersection recently this makes no sense.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
Too many people on too narrow of a road. But the TDC will figure out ways to bring in more people. Need balance between tourists needed to support businesses and quality of life for locals. With how small the 395/30a area is, I can't say with any confidence there is a great solution.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
There's already a flashing red light at the intersection. Why not replace it with a plain old red/green light? That's too simple for a bunch of idiots I suppose.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
I thought that too at first, but the explanation was, I think, that they would have to add turn lanes to the intersection with a red/yellow/green light because traffic would be moving through the intersection faster on the green light than it is doing now with the three-way stop.

chip hagler

Beach Lover
Oct 27, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
Really need to find a way to get the bicycles to stop at the intersection. They just blow through assuming folks see them. As careful as I try to be, some clown always seems to test my reaction time.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I thought that too at first, but the explanation was, I think, that they would have to add turn lanes to the intersection with a red/yellow/green light because traffic would be moving through the intersection faster on the green light than it is doing now with the three-way stop.

We need a turn lane when the speed limit is so low?

I think we need some better traffic planning advice, this cannot be the first time in history that such a situation has needed a solution.

Why do we always need to reinvent the wheel instead of finding examples of successful solutions elsewhere and copying them?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
This is the core problem. You would think that maybe they could pick up the phone and call somebody knowledgeable at Florida Department of Transportation for a little advice, but the goonies try to figure it out themselves... We can chit and chat about this ad infinitum, but I've been told this roundabout is a done deal.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I've decided the solution for me is to just avoid going to Seagrove/Seaside altogether. I plan to sell my place there so I won't be bothered with it. Hopefully, I can get at least what I paid for it. After more than 20 years I'm ready to move on.

BBSeagroveBeach

Beach Comber
Apr 4, 2011
I've decided the solution for me is to just avoid going to Seagrove/Seaside altogether. I plan to sell my place there so I won't be bothered with it. Hopefully, I can get at least what I paid for it. After more than 20 years I'm ready to move on.

Have you listed your place. I have a lot in Seagrove but interested in buying??