• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I hope they get the needed permits and SOME sort of bridge soon. From the looks of this "fix" it will only take one good rain or tropical storm and we will be right back where we started.
EDIT: I hope they are thinking about the good of this fragile and rare dune lake rather than Huckabee having to drive a few extra miles. Lets do it right the first time so we dont have to do it over and over. And while we are at it and have FEMA assistance lets do ALL of our precious lakes so it doesnt happen 2 or 3 miles down the road next time.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
OK, this is now a matter of cleaning out a culvert. Maybe Gov. Huckabee can call Gov. Medicare Fraud, and get somebody in there to pull out the logjam. Sounds too easy, doesn't it?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I hope they get the needed permits and SOME sort of bridge soon. From the looks of this "fix" it will only take one good rain or tropical storm and we will be right back where we started.
EDIT: I hope they are thinking about the good of this fragile and rare dune lake rather than Huckabee having to drive a few extra miles. Lets do it right the first time so we dont have to do it over and over. And while we are at it and have FEMA assistance lets do ALL of our precious lakes so it doesnt happen 2 or 3 miles down the road next time.

I hardly ever see Huck at his beach house. Doubt this is about him. You should read what is written. Huck was ask by local BMB owners to help
Open the road. Which he did. Nuff said.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I hardly ever see Huck at his beach house. Doubt this is about him. You should read what is written. Huck was ask by local BMB owners to help
Open the road. Which he did. Nuff said.
Is the road open right now?? Nuff said. At 6pm on 9/6/13?? Nuff said. Is "Huck" getting alot of press?? Nuff said.Was he the governor of FLORIDA? Nuff said. I really dont want to get snarky but giving the former governor of Arkansas all the credit for something that hasnt even happened yet is a bit ridiculous to me. Especially since hes hardly ever seen at his beach house. He might have made a phone call, hardly "fixing 30A" to me. I wouldnt be posting this if I hadnt been reading has been written.
EDIT: Thanks BDarg for a very informative post.

Last edited:

sharkstooth

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
Is the road open right now?? Nuff said. At 6pm on 9/6/13?? Nuff said. Is "Huck" getting alot of press?? Nuff said.Was he the governor of FLORIDA? Nuff said. I really dont want to get snarky but giving the former governor of Arkansas all the credit for something that hasnt even happened yet is a bit ridiculous to me. Especially since hes hardly ever seen at his beach house. He might have made a phone call, hardly "fixing 30A" to me. I wouldnt be posting this if I hadnt been reading has been written.
EDIT: Thanks BDarg for a very informative post.

This is not about Huck, if he made a call and helped us...cool. Focus, get 30A open, temp.
Scenic highway 30a...

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Let's take things in order. 1st, get the road safely open. 2nd, get the proper permitting. 3rd, fix the road permanently. I'll leave how this is to be done to the engineers and local administration. I'll also thank anyone who assists SoWal do so in any manner, shape or form, including Hanie and Mike Huckabee. I'll particularly thank our County Commissioner, Sara Commander, who has been on top of this effort and has been gracious enough to keep this lonely Walton County resident informed because he asked her to do so. For those who want to help, thank you. For those who want to hinder in any way, get a life!