• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TJMay

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2005
St. Joe has a habit of making multiple promises up front, then not delivering to the extreme detriment of the ultimate owners. And, after taking advantage, they simply don't care.

Thanks again.

Could you give a few examples of this habitual behavior?

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Sounds like a nice upscale development. But I agree beach access is a big problem in this area.

The county was proposing developing the beautiful access down Lakewood next to Dunes of Seagrove with parking and toilets.
This would be the best closest access but would require hopping in a car or golfcart.

However the last I heard residents in the area blocked this project.

The access at the outflow of Eastern lake is closest but often is difficult to access due to the channel running throught it.

However neither of these is really walking distance if you want to carry beach gear.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
Thanks again.

Could you give a few examples of this habitual behavior?

When Watersound Beach was first being marketed, the St. Joe sales agents represented that the Beach Club would be a homeowner amenity. When they filed the preliminary application to bu led the Beach Club, they represented to Walton County that the Beach Club would be turned over to the community. Ultimately, they never turned the facility over. Most recently, they made representations trying to convince people to hire them to manage their rentals, and then when the agreements arrived, they were substantially different.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
When Watersound Beach was first being marketed, the St. Joe sales agents represented that the Beach Club would be a homeowner amenity. When they filed the preliminary application to bu led the Beach Club, they represented to Walton County that the Beach Club would be turned over to the community. Ultimately, they never turned the facility over. Most recently, they made representations trying to convince people to hire them to manage their rentals, and then when the agreements arrived, they were substantially different.
understand if saint joe doesn't rent your property then your guest can't use facilities. That's what I've been told.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
understand if saint joe doesn't rent your property then your guest can't use facilities. That's what I've been told.

That is exactly correct. If you previously paid $20,000 for a membership, your guests can no longer use the facilities unless you fire your current company, hire St. Joe instead (paying them 30% of the gross with the renters paying an additional 10% amenity fee). If you resign your membership, you can only get your initiation fee back after they sell four brand new social memberships. Sales are so bad at this point that based on what they sold in 2013, it will take our neighbor, who just quit, two years to get his money back, and he still has to pay monthly dues for another year even though he already resigned. Even though they are giving away free memberships to the next 60 people that buy homes at Watersound North, they are taking the position that these are not sales, so do not count towards the waiting list of people that have already resigned and are waiting for their money back. Buyer beware when dealing with anything associated with St. Joe.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I find it interesting that it's still showing as bank owned. Nothing on the clerks site either unless they're really backed up.

mbo222

Beach Comber
Oct 23, 2009
Thanks Coondog. I was unaware of the requirement of social sales prior to refund. I have been considering resigning my membership. I dont think my original contract ever said anything about that?? I'll have to look at it closer.