• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Watercolor is conspicuously absent. Why do you think?

The merchant association would have to get behind it and they are pretty quiet. The resort and homeowners dont work to attract outsiders - except when business is slow in off season.

It would take a major biz like Bud and Alleys at Seaside or Oli at Red Bar to make it stop at their place in watercolor - Chan is the only one who might get on board but he is notorious for doing what Chan wants. Probably already has issues with the company.

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
Guess I won't be driving between Seagrove and Grayton on my next trip. What, the golf carts weren't bad enough for traffic? They say this is #4 on the list of what the public wants. So what's #1? And what public? I'm an owner who spends as much time as possible in Sowal and it ain't me, babe.

In the article below, the business types are promoting this as a way to avoid DUIs. How many are there on that stretch of 30A? Seriously. I'm NOT advocating auto-alcoholism, but this isn't Front Beach Road, where trolleys would actually make sense. They say it "keeps people moving up and down 30A." NO. It makes 99% of the people putter along at about 15 mph behind these crates, probably with kids throwing things out the window.

:bang:

http://www.wmbb.com/story/25549493/south-walton-reveals-new-turtle-express-trolley-service

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Have you never lived where there is a bus system? A bus drives the same speed as a car, except when it pulls out of traffic to pick up or drop off passengers. There are only a few stops, you typically have to stop more frequently than this trolley for stopsigns and people crossing the road.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Where does it say it'll be going 15 mph? As a local I'm thrilled that tourists can get on something that will continue moving along despite their oohs and aahs over a palm tree.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
haha turtles don't exactly speed along.

I don't think this bus is exactly altruistic or necessarily helpful except for the businesses it stops at or the brash owner.

I hope our taxes don't fund public transportation unless it serves all , are smaller, efficient and green.

TJMay

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2005
haha turtles don't exactly speed along. I don't think this bus is exactly altruistic or necessarily helpful except for the businesses it stops at or the brash owner. I hope our taxes don't fund public transportation unless it serves all , are smaller, efficient and green.

What makes the owner brash?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It is a very good idea and many hope it will succeed. The only problem is, at the time being, the route is too short. Hopefully, as it improves, it will be extended to cover ALL 30A, including Blue Mountain Beach.