• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Our BCC had nothing to do with imposing the height restrictions on buildings in our county. It was State imposed because the powers at be in our county would not come up with a comprehensive plan required by the State. The State is responsible for our current height restriction not our County Commissioner's. However, they have been more than happy to take credit for it for all these years!

No offense, but got anything to back that up?

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
State Legislature of the State of Florida in Chapter 125 was to establish height limits and regulations for all of Walton County. You can look it up or even search it. I thought it was common knowledge in these parts. It had to be adopted by our county because we continued to have no comprehensive plan for Walton County.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I suggest you look at Walton County Ordinance 09-10. Also, at least one BCC member says you are "incorrect".

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Chapter 125 covers the powers and duties of county commissioners and gives them the power to enact ordinances. There is no mention of Walton county in that chapter.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
State Legislature of the State of Florida in Chapter 125 was to establish height limits and regulations for all of Walton County. You can look it up or even search it. I thought it was common knowledge in these parts. It had to be adopted by our county because we continued to have no comprehensive plan for Walton County.
It appears that FS 125 sets the standard of governance of the counties of Florida.

Southern Cafe

Beach Comber
Feb 8, 2011
"There are no current plans to move or close SeaGrove Village Market. At some point it will become necessary and I am always looking for a looking, but right now, nothing is afoot"
This is a direct response from George Hartley.