• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
[/QUOTE]Watched an 82 year old grand-mother put out cigarette after cigarette in the sand and then bury them! I should have gone up to her but, I wussed out, didn't want to cause a scene. [/QUOTE]

Ok, I have to ask.....if you didn't go up to her, how did you know she was 82?:roll:

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
This ad campaign could be the answer to overcrowding. Just remind visitors they are free to leave whenever they choose.

SALT LAKE CITY—In a move designed to help the metropolitan area attract more tourists, Salt Lake City officials unveiled a new advertising campaign Thursday reminding potential visitors that they can leave at any time. “With our new ‘Free to Leave’ campaign, we’re letting the world know that when you visit Salt Lake City, you can get out whenever you want, day or night, whether you’ve only been here for a couple of hours or a couple of days,” Mayor Ralph Becker said, emphasizing that the city’s main attractions are all conveniently located near train stations, airports, and a number of major highways. “The award-winning Hogle Zoo, Red Butte Garden and Arboretum, the Natural History Museum of Utah—these are all places you can up and leave any moment you please. And as you stroll through world-famous Temple Square, you can rest assured in knowing that, if you just hop on I-80, you can be in Nevada in about 90 minutes.” The city’s tourism officials added that if visitors don’t feel like it, they don’t even have to come at all.
terminator_1x.png

http://www.theonion.com/articles/salt-lake-city-hoping-to-boost-tourism-by-remindin,36743/

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Maybe we could 3-Lane 331. One Lane south. Two lanes north. Everybody heading this way would think they are headed the wrong way.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Blame Game

Blaming DR Horton for bringing in undesirables???

I don't know about any of you on this thread, but as far as I am concerned, a $350,000-$600,000 plus home is not subsidized or public housing!!!

Someone investing in a full time or second home in South Walton is inclined to care about their property, the area and the beaches etc.

Come on, disrespectful trashy visitors come in all shapes, sizes and income brackets!

Enough money has been spent on advertising...it's time to use the money that IS available and pay the security patrol to enforce and fine the offenders.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Blaming DR Horton for bringing in undesirables???

I don't know about any of you on this thread, but as far as I am concerned, a $350,000-$600,000 plus home is not subsidized or public housing!!!

Someone investing in a full time or second home in South Walton is inclined to care about their property, the area and the beaches etc.

Come on, disrespectful trashy visitors come in all shapes, sizes and income brackets!

Enough money has been spent on advertising...it's time to use the money that IS available and pay the security patrol to enforce and fine the offenders.

I agree with the security and fines.

As for DR Horton, ask anyone that is dealing with the way the transition the HOA's to the owners and you'll hear tons of horror stories. This company has caused more problems than we'll really ever know...

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Who cares?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
That's a horribly written article. I can't tell if they're talking about Okaloosa or Walton county?

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Normally change and progress is good; but without proper planning as what happened in Atlanta, the infrastructure to handle the volume must be in place. ....

As stated above the lack of county planning including infrastructure development is a major issue.

30a has significant traffic and parking issues that are not being adequately addressed.

Businesses are not being required to provide adequate parking .

Businesses are also being allowed to degrade the quality of life in adjoining residential areas with excessive noise from lack of available sound shielding , light pollution and parking overflow into neighborhoods .

39a has storm water runoff problems -- after every heavy rain portions of road and bike paths are flooded.

Also, TDC should budget for beach cleanup .

In addition, The argument that low cost housing is bringing in undesirables is outrageously classist, racist, and ethnocentric . Having good manners is not determined by the size of ones wallet.