• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
We watched "Beach Bargains" last night. There was a couple looking for a two bedroom gulf front condo. They wanted Destin. Their budget was around $300K. Their realtor showed them one about a half mile from beach for that price. Waterfront would be around $500K. In Panama City, most of the gulf fronts were $300K. They bought in P.C. for $200,000 cheaper in. That's a lot of bud Light!

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
tide 12 , if not fine dining, then what would you call Saltwater Grill or 5 star Firefly. When did Bud and Alleys fall under the category of FINE DINING ?

Firefly is just bad IMO, and Saltwater does not remotely qualify as "fine dining". One step above Red Lobster.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
There are many locally owned restaurants in PC and PCB that do very well because they cater to their market, both locals and tourists. Bud and Alleys, obviously, did not. It is what it is, everything can't be 30A..

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
So sorry to hear this, David. We were anxious to try it on Labor Day Weekend.

We have loved your food in SoWal ever since you opened B&A. I fondly remember the night when we were at Bud & Alley's and sitting next to Al and Tipper when he was running for office. So exciting! Great times there, and more to come.

Same here! I was waiting until this fall for a lunch and dinner over that way! I'm really sad.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Okay what am I now...Diver Scallops, Grouper Grilled or Blackened, Airline Chicken, Shrimp and Grits, Crab Cakes, Fried Seafood Platter, NY Strip or 6 oz Tenderloin and tonight's special is Neiman Ranch pork chops.......Answer...every entree menu at 80% of the highend restaurants on 30a. Dont get me wrong damn good in most cases, but mix in something different.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Same thought here and you have to wonder exactly who did the marketing plan/due diligence prior to making the decision to opening up there. PC/PCB is not SOWAL (Thank Goodness) and attracts a different type of tourist.

I doubt PCB has any desire to be like SOWAL. Why the nose in the air?