• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
don't confuse your right to 'free speech' with a non-existent right to force people to listen
Misty, what was the exact charge? not just another irrelevant another opinion

Which time? The first time for "creating" an affray which I wasn't even present for. (First officer on scene testified to the fact I wasn't present when it occurred.) Uttering a non-existent threat the 2nd time. (The email in question was never sent to the recipient by me although it was altered to make it appear it had been.) Is that even a chargeable offense?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Jim Tucker:

Considering that I am the only local candidate that posted information here, and how I did in South Walton, I don't think this is where the majority come to look for information. Sure did not seem to help me any. But I would love to know where they do get their information.

I voted for you based on your performance at the Republican Club event. I liked your no nonsense demeanor and the fact that you made it a point to emphasize your 'no preferential treatment and open access to all' stance. I hope you will consider another run, I bet you would do a great job.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
P.S. I was never formally charged with anything. The bogus charges were dismissed

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I think more stories about the failures of the current system in Walton County would have been nice. I think it would have been good to have a website describing what makes a good school board and a competent superindendent. Just something with basic info for the uninitiated complete with a FAQ. Also, any time you talk about the topic online, assume that at least one person reading it doesn't have a clue, so don't be afraid to repeat something that may seem simple and basic. That's how you educate people. I used to read the WSJ, and every article on finance, no matter how advanced, always takes the time to explain the basics.

Excellent points, well taken. We really could have used your insight.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Thanks for an honest and good response. We did attempt to point out the district's shortcomings as far as actual outcomes go (to contrast No's constant attempt to elevate the district based on the bogus 'A district' award). But realize, we went to great lengths to not make the referendum about Carlene or the teachers per se, but about the process. Again, we could have gotten into the mud and attacked Carlene's well publicized shortcomings but didn't want to go there, nor did we want to look like we were bashing all the hard working teachers and school staff.

Point well taken about the basics. You are correct. I personally flipped no to yes with several people by simply educating them regarding the fact that Florida is the only state where more districts elect than appoint, and outcomes data shows higher achievement in appointed districts.

I think sooner or later you'll have to get specific and start naming names. Also, isn't Florida one of the few states in the country where there are no qualification standards for superintendent? Isn't that just as big a problem?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Well, Misty, that if very frightening. But the only thing that can stop a bully is for someone to stand up and say no. And I can assure there were times we felt like everything we said was twisted or taken out of context. My guess is that was probably why people may have been afraid to communicate with without knowing who you were. Please understand there were times we were frightened by some of the tactics. But I promise you, there was no intent to be disrespectful. We certainly weren't perfect messengers sometimes. But we were just trying to float an idea that we thought would make county government work a little more efficiently for all the county's kids. End of story.

I despise the "good ole boys" in this County more so than most and speak out about them probably more than I should. I assuredly didn't vote no because I was afraid of them, I voted NO mostly because I couldn't glean useful information out of those supporting it and to this day don't understand how a hired Super will save the county money.

I had no ulterior motives.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
Which time? The first time for "creating" an affray which I wasn't even present for. (First officer on scene testified to the fact I wasn't present when it occurred.)

Uttering a non-existent threat the 2nd time. (The email in question was never sent to the recipient by me although it was altered to make it appear it had been.) Is that even a chargeable offense?

no, neither of them are on their own, so you either have one of the best civil rights cases I've heard of or you're a delusional bull**** artist with victimhood tendencies. I'm pretty sure which I believe.

You kinda seem perfect for this place. Good Luck

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Cuff wrote:

You haven't lived her long enough to know that most of the smut posted on this board about the candidates (for the most part) is pretty much factual information. You also have to realize who the players that support the smut are. Jay Odom = Cecelia Jones (BCC, elected again). Odom did 6 months in prison for campaign contribution violations. Ms. Jones and her husband are notorious for their campaign ethics or SUBSTANTIAL lack thereof, not to mention the Camacho scandal, veiled threats to voters and other nefarious acts. Her and her husband both have been players on the political scene around here since Moses was a kid and not much has changed about their tactics.

Catalano (WCSB elected) also = Cecelia Jones.

Eddins (WCSB elected) = the State Attorney's son who has had his own run-ins with the law, a history of bad check charges, traffic violations, and court records indicate he was somehow involved in paying someone to have someone beaten to a bloody pulp. He is also best known for his associates including Jay Odom and Ray Sansom. You can google Ray Sansom, his political reputation is legendary and anything but stellar.

I guess all you really need to know about most of the candidates is that Walton County doesn't kick the garbage to the curb and leave it there for pick and disposal, we re-cycle it!!

Yes, s#!+ is recycled around here.

More than once...

You are also accurate on your assessment of info provideed.

It is factual!