• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
The Chateau is a proposed 90 room hotel going before the county on December 11 at 5pm. the location is Seagrove Beach, near the First Baptist Church on 30A. I can't imagine the impact to this area, parking, beach access??? What are your thoughts?

Edit - details added ... proposed 4-story, 90-room Hampton Inn

hampton.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
The Chateau is a proposed 90 room hotel going before the county on December 11 at 5pm. the location is Seagrove Beach, near the First Baptist Church on 30A. I can't imagine the impact to this area, parking, beach access??? What are your thoughts?

I think it's time to halt all development. Our fragile environment is over maximum capacity. We're on a downhill slope and the only sensible thing to do is stop killing what makes the area special.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Is this the St. Joe project that was slated to go in on 30a next to the Baptist Church in front of the storage facility? Can't imagine a 90 room hotel when both Pearl and Watercolor Inn are only 60. This is madness and when you consider that a 125 room hotel going in at 30a/98 is already approved. When will the County stop and have the balls to decline these projects as inappropriate?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm pretty sure that hotel project by Rosemary has gone belly up. Lots of weeds and no action for months.

Is this the St. Joe project that was slated to go in on 30a next to the Baptist Church in front of the storage facility? Can't imagine a 90 room hotel when both Pearl and Watercolor Inn are only 60. This is madness and when you consider that a 125 room hotel going in at 30a/98 is already approved. When will the County stop and have the balls to decline these projects as inappropriate?
Yes, it is.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com