• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
If you look at Google earth, the difference between Fair Hope's Hampton Inn and the one proposed in Seagrove is that the former is surrounded by a commercial area and totally compatible with that area. Not so for the proposed Seagrove Hampton Inn.

Here's an idea...

Compare this new proposed Hampton Inn vs. the Superduper Mega Wedding House (there are two that sleep 30+, just north of Bramble Grove).

Compare them as to how they impact the community. Some examples might be:

Which one has occupancy limits?

Which one has full licensing and insurance?

Which one will provide Adequate Parking for their property and guests?

Which on may contribute to local charity?

Just some ideas to contrast and compare.

As for Ch. 7 "needing to speak to people" that's a lame excuse. Do the research, create a story, don't rely on people who are hesitant to speak to do you jobs for you. Go report.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
nothing locals like more than an Atlanta housewife deciding she should dictate what they may or may not do with their million dollar private property

nothing locals like more than an Atlanta housewife deciding she should dictate what they may or may not do with their million dollar private property
Actually I'm a Professor and Chair of Computer Science and Math and have two M.S. and a Ph.D. degree. Hubby has a M.S. and Ph.D. in engineering and M.B.A.s from UVA and UNC too, and as C.O.O. of a major international manufacturing company, he knows how to negotiate. We care about the future of South Walton because we own a non-rental home here. We have fought other incompatible projects in South Walton and have won.

So I'm not just some Atlanta housewife who is bored.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
If you look at Google earth, the difference between Fair Hope's Hampton Inn and the one proposed in Seagrove is that the former is surrounded by a commercial area and totally compatibile with that area. Not so for the proposed Seagrove Hampton Inn.

My point is Fairhope vs 30A is an apples and oranges comparison. Fairhope is an actual city with mayor, city council, police dept. etc.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Actually I'm a Professor and Chair of Computer Science and Math and have two M.S. and a Ph.D. degree. Hubby has a M.S. and Ph.D. in engineering and M.B.A.s from UVA and UNC too, and as C.O.O. of a major international manufacturing company, he knows how to negotiate. We care about the future of South Walton because we own a non-rental home here. We have fought other incompatible projects in South Walton and have won.

So I'm not just some Atlanta housewife who is bored.

Bad ass! What a nice F U response! Didnt see that one coming I bet:))))

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Seaducer could care less. While I said I was glad to see him return, I also knew he would only try to stir the pot on many issues. It is evidently how he gets his kicks and when he does so, he should be ignored or you should consider the source.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
The thought of something like this even being considerd is frightening. The additional load on small neighborhood beach accesses, the environmental impact, the density. Is there precedent for the county denying development permits for such projects, or do they just approve anything brought before them as long as it meets the current zoning requirements?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The thought of something like this even being considerd is frightening. The additional load on small neighborhood beach accesses, the environmental impact, the density. Is there precedent for the county denying development permits for such projects, or do they just approve anything brought before them as long as it meets the current zoning requirements?

Part of the problem is they approve almost anything because there is no zoning requirements, only land use codes which, in themselves, are vague and useless for useful, controlled development. Walton County badly needs to come into the 21st centuray and instill some valid, well defined zoning codes. They refuse to do it for some unknown reason.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
I frankly don't care if you're both an astronaut and a beauty queen, and I'm sure most here find your little list as impressive as you find it.....the question is why don't you and "hubby" do something other than show up and try to slam the door behind you? Someone as proud of your credentials must be capable of doing more than simply asking true local governance to protect your shallow interests.

How much property have you and "hubby" locked into conservation down here near your private "non-rental' vacation home?